Freeware games (1 Viewer)

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Name some good ones?

Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story) was released back in 2004 I believe and was 4 years in the making. Good if you're a fan of Zelda, Metroid or Castlevania. Nice little platform game with some fun weapons.

Super Mario War is a Super Mario style melee game. Gameplay can be a bit of a blur sometimes, especially with four friends, but hey, all the little sound blips, familiar backround music, physics and art direction will have you all nostalgic like. The weapons and jumping have been done really well, close to emulating that of the Mario games. Don't know if it'll be any good on the PC with friends, but I've got it on my modded xbox and it's a blast!

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Little Fighters 2: A fun fighter game. Each character has their own special moves, etc.

Bontago: This game is very unique. Reminds me of the days of lego. Basically, you have to build a tower with different shaped blocks, the highest towers are the winner. There's also bonuses that drop around the arena, so when you get bored you fling them at the opponents towers.

edit: Man, I remember cave story! I finished it once and was tempted to go back and do it again so i could get that awesome weapon at the end, but decided it wasn't worth it. I also decided that it would be hard to get far without that machine gun thing. It was fucking awesome, esp cause it allowed you to float.

Last edited:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Little Fighters looks rather interesting, will try that one out

Mugen is a program that lets you make your own fighting game. I used to play it ages ago so I'm not too familiar with it nowadays, but can be quite fun sans the ridiculous imbalance in the characters.
Peter Griffin vs Sakura

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Icy Towers: One of those simple arcadey games that is fucking addictive. You start at the bottom of a tower and must climb it. As you get higher/take longer it gets more difficult. It gets pretty fun when you get used to bouncing off walls to keep your momentum.

Motherload: A flash game, but still it's big enough to be included in this list. Very addictive until you finish it, the end boss is a lol.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
jumb said:
edit: Man, I remember cave story! I finished it once and was tempted to go back and do it again so i could get that awesome weapon at the end, but decided it wasn't worth it. I also decided that it would be hard to get far without that machine gun thing. It was fucking awesome, esp cause it allowed you to float.
Fantastic game, no doubt.
The Bubbler = :cool:

There was some place where you could upgrade your jet pack thing so it gives you an infinite boost, but I never found the thing.

I used to play Icy Towers a lot, yes yes very addictive.

The Dismount series is always good for a laugh. Basically the game's set around the physics, and you need to inflict as much harm as possible onto a dummy by plotting out every last detail. Comes in two flavours, Truck Dismount (my favourite) and the arguably funnier Stair Dismount.

This may very well be the best flash game. Ever

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ah yeah, stair dismount. I remember doing that bug where your head would get stuck under your hand or something, and you end up getting a million points.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
That's cheating, jumb

GTA, GTA2 and Wild Metal are now freeware on the Rockstar site. GTA2 is a must play, probably my favourite GTA of all time.

ScummVM is a program that emulates oldy click PC adventure games such as Day of the Tentacle and that Monkey Island game. Though most of these games are still not free, one game that I've been playing called Beneath A Steel Sky is, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. If anyone's a fan of that Bladerunner kind of theme should give it a go, the art is fantastic

edit: this thread is awesome

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I was heavily into O2Jam years ago, back when it was free, then it became pay-to-play... but now it has a free version again, and this topic reminded me of it and I think I'm gonna go download it.

Thanks runtlocks, I'll probably become addicted to it again like before :p

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
That game doesn't look too bad actually, I might have to have a crack at it.

Now that you know about Doukutsu Monogatari (Cave Story), there really isn't any excuse for not playing it

neafoo

HSC
warsow (a fast paced dm game based on trick jumping) is freeware
nexuiz is a freeware game (quake 1 engine... dm game)
wolfenstein enemy territory.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Play Rappelz, It's free to play and has sweet graphics.

hg83ry

HSC
hahaha

yeah freeware is good, there is a nice war of the world on the net but can't rembeer where...

Cozza38

HSC
sam04u said:
Play Rappelz, It's free to play and has sweet graphics.
WOW!!!! that rappelz game is huge!!! (1.3gig) ....... looks mad though! shame i dnt have a graphics card yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)