French Beginners (1 Viewer)

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
Hey, anyone here do french beginners? if so how'd u go? I personally LOVED that exam best HSC exam in the history of the world!!!!! not so confident bout english 2morro though! lol, srsly. questions were easy n i had plenty of time to answer everything! i always thought there is no way im gunna b one of them ppl who get up n leave early in exams but i finished a good 45 mins or so early n i was working extremely slow!!!! reding every question slowly and carefully making sure i understood n i read every text at LEAST three times(once fast, once after reading the questions and once after that really slowly to register everything)!! reread my answers heaps too. then after much editing etc i left about 25 mins early only cuz i was absolutely sure there was nothing else i could do! Listening was kinda rocky at first. i heard the words but they didnt register!!! so i just scribbled down wat i rote. thank god my spelling in french is kinda accurate cuz wen i looked down n read wat i just rote the answers came to me! n i guess after i stopped panicking the rest of the paper just flowed! wow! this is exactly wat i needed after my sucky AOS paper! stupid journeys!!! neway .... OMG can i ramble when im happy or excited or nervous or scared or ... feeling any type of emotion!!! anyway ... ill stop rambling! howd everyone else do?

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Malheuresment, i didn't think it was as easy as you did!

Listening wasn't too bad. The only question that i struggled with was the second question (about what kids should do.. something about art) and the one about how that guys speech would be useful to students.

Writing caught me off guard. The chatroom and the letters about that chick going to India.. I couldn't write enough about why Paul's holiday was appropriate for the chatroom (it was a 4 mark question!!) and why the guy thinks that the chick would be a good future employee.. I bs'd something severe. If only i knew that 'stage' meant training!

I ended up choosing the e-mail and the voicemail for the last question.. i screwed that up. I couldn't remember how to ask whether they wanted to come.. so i wrote something stupid like "tu voudrais m'accompagne toi" - yes, cringy i know. Total mental blank..

I finished 40 minutes early too, and i was the last person left!

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
yea the art one got me too kinda ... but i heard images n text in there somewhere then at the end she sed something about kids bying books more than video games or sumthing! so i picked books.

the chatroom was easy ... yea i thought the pauls holiday being appropriate was strange too considering how much it was worth. but i wrote in that he got to make money while going overseas because he worked on a boat that crossed the medeterrainien or sumthing just fitted as much of wat i knew into it hoping to scrape those extra marks.

yea i didnt know what stage was but i figured it would be training or sumthing cuz it was talking about after studying(?or sumthing along those lines).

yea i did the letter in the last section, i just made up nething! i sed that my sister got her drivers licence so my parents bought her a car n we went to the movie and that my parents are on vacation and that we are going to have a party on the wekend! just crap really n i almost frogot the" and ask him about his new job" bit. luckly i reread the question n wrote that in too. i was the second last person! but i finished bout the time the first ppl started leaving i wanted to make sure that the paper was the best i could get it!

the question that threw me off was the one in the listening about the antique table - for some strange reason i heard NOTHING but the word table in the first reading, oh yeah n family or sumthing -- but luckly in the second reading i picked up everything that was sed!

i wasnt too happy about the "why would his speech be interesting to the students"-or sumthing question but i think i answered it well enough.

alessandra

HSC
pretty good exam.... walked out at 11:32 .... my entire class walked out really happy...!!:):)
omg not enough room in the listening, i wrote all over the place

Keef88

HSC
i didnt think it was too bad. the trials were harder. that was one of the easiest listening tests i have ever done. i left after an hour.

haack_m

HSC
well, wasnt that a walk in the park my fellow frenchies

how good was the listening, was it just me or did they speak really slowly, and clearer then in past hsc's, ne way reading/writing was pretty good, i wrote lots for the letter in the writing task, more then i normally do, hopefully my makrs will show this,

well good luck to all in future exams and yeh

HSC
French prac?

I'm doing French this year and this thread has cheered me up immeasurably.
The Prelim French exam was so easy I finished an hour ealy but I thought HSC would be harder- apparently not. Any new yr12's wanting someone to practic Frecnh with- I'm doing it by correspondance, Open High school so I could do with some practice, like emailing or something.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)