French continuers - how'd you go (1 Viewer)

HSC
...Dunno...damn u all responded too fast. it was funny. i promise
Yeh the ellipsis was ironic, it was also a pun 'we're trying to say stuff but the kids aren't listening'
get it?get it? grand.

I said the dude was being proactive 'we wanna see some self-fulfillment in this young'ns" but that he also tended towards stereotypes "dammit these kids thing the internet's infallible, when they should know full well the only thing that's infallible is the board of studies!"

Last edited:

Kao

HSC
yrtherenonames said:
Yeh the ellipsis was ironic, it was also a pun 'we're trying to say stuff but the kids aren't listening'
get it?get it? grand.
Oh man, I totally missed that! *headdesk*

sezzley

HSC
Kao said:
And that computer hacker question made me giggle, because his name was Condor. I kept thinking about Gladiators.
oh my god, me too! I thought I was the only one! LOL! That show was top quality!

I thought listening was really good, I loved it! That said, I don't know why that turtle question was worth so much, I think they were asking a really narrow question and expecting us to answer a lot...

Reading was okay I guess, I agree about the unfair distribuition of marks for the appropriateness of title one, what was that? Crazy. I said it was a pun for 'menu du jour' or something lame.

Writing, let's not go there. I suck so hard. I didn't write enough! But the questions were lame, who writes 150 words on a freaking post card? And why would I write to my best friend telling her my parents don't treat my sister and I the same? wouldn't she already know all that? BoS make lame questions I reckon.

Well, that's my rant done!

P.S. belleree98, is that you Sheree? You sound AWfully familiar!

sephora

HSC
Damnit i knew the not listening thing bit was ironic but i ran out of time and rushed onto the reading and responding mais c'est la vie. Oh and about the reading and responding letter, for future reference, the middle of most of our bilingual dictionaries have lots of nice phrases on how to respond to formal letters and even have phrases about job applications. I agree that the questions for the reading comprehensions were banal but at least the texts were quite interesting. Listening was the same sort of thing. Overall, I do think it was a nice challenging exam. Fingers crossed anyway

sephora

HSC
I think I may have been a little too creative on that one. I said my friend broke his leg and i was the only one available to take him to the hospital. drama drama drama.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
That had to be the easiest french exam ever!!!!

I got everything, (not to gloat) but i reckon i nailed it. Thaught i was running out of time in section I part A with the reading and responding but i allocated time for each and i covered everything i reckon, wrote heaps for each and made sure i covered everything so they couldnt be all padantic and take off marks here and there.

best exam i reckon, and after AoS i thought you couldnt get anything easier, gets me pumped for Modules and 4unit Maths now althgouh they should be fine!!

Simply: just caned it! (well the fact that i started learning french from kindergarten might have helped!)

just came naturally to me esp the writing which is my weakest link, cause i always get 13/15, 12/15, 11/15 for the writing sections, hopefully i get 14 i think, i always make careless errors but nothing you can do now, but im really happy with it)

Well done everyone else, looks like you did well!!

belleree98

sezzley said:
P.S. belleree98, is that you Sheree? You sound AWfully familiar!
HAhaha sarah, sarah, sarah

I knew it was you as soon as you said "Listening was great" - Only one person in the world who can find listening enjoyable :p

I picked up on the irony - it was a last minute stroke of genius

"They are no longer listening ...."

....because they are too caught up listening to their mp3s etc! haha...not sure if that's relevant though

sez I like ur pun "meal of the day" - nice..you'll get 1.5 marks!!! (haha)

with the turtle question..I was trying to remember our class discussion about the difference between turtle and tortoise haha.

Also, I finished the job thingy with "mes salutations distinguees". I think that's correct.

space.dementia

LOLizzle.
HSC
Listening was great; well, most of it sans the hacker one.
Writing was the worst, I think I completely bombed out.

As Mel said, our teacher thought it was a bit difficult too.
Oh well. At least I wont be assessed on French ever again! I can't wait til this language-y week is over and I can study science-y stuff.

Kao

HSC
sezzley said:
oh my god, me too! I thought I was the only one! LOL! That show was top quality!
Oh good, I'm not insane! Either that, or you're equally insane ;) I was addicted to that show. When Delta Goodrem first became famous I also continuously associated her with Gladiators, and I still associate taipans with Gladiators. Not that taipans come up often, but, well :p Taipan and Fury were so going out.

Um, anyway, French! What a language.

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
oh yeah, i'm so excited about extension french (this is sarcasm) I'm glad you like it though :) it's good, just not a sitting an exam on my own fan, cos i'm the only one who does it at my school.

I liked the continuers exam, there was heaps of time for writing and stuff, i got really hungry... anyway, see how it goes. i did better than i normally do at french exams cos i actually checked stuff :)

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
sezzley said:
And why would I write to my best friend telling her my parents don't treat my sister and I the same? wouldn't she already know all that? B
So true. I'm just thinking, ok 'best' friend, please write back to me soon in case i don't see you at school or maybe your my best friend who randomly moved to france!

Skip

belleree98 said:
I like those language/ technique questions but for the comprehension I can't see why that question about the heading was worth 5 marks?? That was strange.
Exactly. A question about one sentence (5-7words?) in French is worth 5 marks, whereas a question asking you to write 150 words in French is worth 1 mark more...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)