French Continuers (1 Viewer)

iwanttodowellin

Hey all frenchies!! How did you find the exam? I was quite pleased with it overall, however, our stupid examination supervisor stopped the exam 5 minutes before it was supposed to finish!!! Not only that, they are consistently finishing the exam before they are due to end! Sure, they have boring, meaningless lives and want to impinge on our ability to succeed more in life than they ever did...but we are TRYING to get somewhere in life, and if anything, avoid ending up like those poor souls, having to supervise exams for a living to get by day to day. Watching paint dry or a student with no idea on The Hyksos invasion of Egypt, scrawl away scrupulously writing anything that comes to mind...OH he's started a new the page...how exciting!! That may not be the best type of occupation...but PLEASE examiners, let us do our best so we can avoid ending up like you! On top of the exam stress and the trouble with remembering all my study, let alone putting it into words that answer the question...I don't need to play this guessing game of when you're going to randomly tell us "pens down!". In brief, can't they just write on the board the time that is left? I go by my watch, timing the 3 hours we are supposed to have...and there she goes, stopping us 5 minutes early. What does she want us to do, fail? Sure, 3 hours is a long time, and the 2 bottom students left half an hour ago, but do you REALLY have to get home early to watch the price is right, or whatever other small entertainments your futile existence entails?

Anyway, my point is, due to this ignorantly bored woman, she stopped us 5 minutes early, so i couldnt finish my last question...and i had wrote it as a newspaper article...and then i re-read it after the exam and it says "Write a diary entry!" So i was fuming, and i quickly wrote 'cher journal' and put a name at the bottom. However, the article was formal, eg 'vous avez', and not the informal style of a diary entry, ie. 'tu as'. I also didnt use colloquial language or personal expressions...so do you think that they will take off marks? If so, how many? The question was out of 9 marks... :S

peut-etre

Poiuytrewquerty, who are you to just castagate these people who give up a bit of their time to do you, along with the rest of your year group a favour and supervise you while you're meant to be doing your exams?? That was some of the most arrogant opinionated writting I have ever seen. What makes you think you're so much better than these people? You're just some kid doing the HSC.. And if it comes down to the last 5 minutes of a 3 hour exam, how good is your response going to be anyway? And from what you said you didn't even read the question correctly so of course they'll mark you down for it. You didn't answer the question..

chepas

HSC
Re: Stopping early... surely you could have said something and there would have been one or two of them there to verify for you? If you were steadfast and true in your claim they would have checked it...

Re: Your response. If we take the rubric as gospel and that practically telling us how to write our response -

In your answer you will be assessed on how well you demonstrate:
* relevance of the treatment of ideas, information or opinions
* accuracy of vocab and sentence structures
* variety of vocab and sentence structures
* capacity to structure and sequence structures
It's sort of how to gauge how they would mark it as it's double/triple marked and figured out from there. Think about the rubric and what you wrote, see if you can figure out what you did/didn't do etc... In the diary entry text type part of it would be relevance of... variety of... a lot, because a diary entry, if we think about it, isn't a sophisticated piece of script, it's just a random stream of thought. So, if you talk to your diary you'd probably address it as 'tu', a variety of vocab (ie your argot and colloquial thingos), a logical structure but not too strict as in 'orientation complication resolution'...

But I'd just try not to dwell on it. You did the best you could today, so we'll find out 17 December :).

Bonne chance,
Chépas :D.

cassie8

wow everyone seems very touchy in the french forum hahaha. can some one post the answers for readings ( if you took your sheet home and ur teacher decided to do it) that would be grand!!!!!!!
THANKS!
GRACIE
:)

BuBBleWrAp_

HSC
?

One of my teachers told us that the german teacher at our school will be writing a complaint to the BOS..not sure weather 4 the begginers or the cnt. tho.. was is really that hard???

chepas

HSC
cassie said:
can some one post the answers for readings ( if you took your sheet home and ur teacher decided to do it)
Huh? As in, their responses to the Reading/Responding? I don't think I want to do that paper again! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)