FTP on phones (1 Viewer)

Woaosiski

HSC
I was going through my phone file manager and stuff and saw the FTP thing.So I was wondering how safe is it cause I accidentally clicked start and i don’t know if anyone will be able to see what’s inside my phone now. All my personal data, photos and documents. I haven’t shared the link thingy to anyone yet though

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you using an Android phone? The security of this may depend on factors such as:
  • The network that you were connected to at the time of accidentally clicking. If you were connected to your home internet, then it is likely a secure connection, as opposed to public networks, devices on which may be exposed/vulnerable.
  • The file manager app that you use on your phone. Was the file manager app that you use on your phone already installed when you first used your phone, or is it a third-party app that you downloaded from the Play Store (or equivalent) or the internet? The latter may be a source of concern, although this is may not necessarily be the case.
  • Your phone itself, i.e. whether you have been experiencing any problems on your phone, either recently or in general. This includes problems such as viruses.
Generally speaking however, this was likely minor, and you should probably not worry too much about this.

I hope this helps! 😄

Woaosiski

HSC
Are you using an Android phone? The security of this may depend on factors such as:
  • The network that you were connected to at the time of accidentally clicking. If you were connected to your home internet, then it is likely a secure connection, as opposed to public networks, devices on which may be exposed/vulnerable.
  • The file manager app that you use on your phone. Was the file manager app that you use on your phone already installed when you first used your phone, or is it a third-party app that you downloaded from the Play Store (or equivalent) or the internet? The latter may be a source of concern, although this is may not necessarily be the case.
  • Your phone itself, i.e. whether you have been experiencing any problems on your phone, either recently or in general. This includes problems such as viruses.
Generally speaking however, this was likely minor, and you should probably not worry too much about this.
I hope this helps! 😄
yes I am using an android phone
i was using my home wifi, the file manager app i used was the one already installed and not a third party app. And no I don’t think I’ve experienced any problems with my phone.
so does that mean I’m safe?
Thank you so much🥲

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
i was using my home wifi, the file manager app i used was the one already installed and not a third party app. And no I don’t think I’ve experienced any problems with my phone.
Thank you so much🥲
It does not seem like there are any abnormalities. Based on this and on the information that you have provided, your personal data is most likely safe. :)

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much🥲
All ftp does is ceate an open 'door' for other clients to connect to and recieve data from. This is done through the link that it generates. Just turn the ftp off and this 'door' will close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)