Fujitsu Tablet - Stylistic (ST5031) (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of buying the Stylistic - ST5031 by Fujitsu, but I'm not sure if it's ok. I'm only going to need it to take to uni and write notes and type up assignments but I'm not going to actually use it in the lectures. Here's a link:

http://www.lifebook.com.au/Shop.aspx?pageID=Model&id=29

It's $4 199, so I'm not sure if its worth it or not. My brother has a humongous (I think it's 15" screen) compaq laptop that he bought in 2003 for $4 000 and it's still in excellent, crisp condition.

I'd appreciate it if you guys can put in some advice and stuff. If you have any other tablet PCs that are of great value, then please post them here (I'd prefer a 10"-11" screen)

Thanks,

Kulazzi

LexxY

s2 Ralf. Marry me!
HSC
Seems like a big waste of money to me. Why not get one of those palm pilot things? Beats lugging a laptop around uni and stuff. Not to mention the risk of it getting stolen.

Then just transfer your files to ure normal pc and print? Save some money.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Whilst tablets are fun
(thinks back to last Friday when I played with a tablet all day instead of working :eek:)

Do you reallllllly need it?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
It's a good tablet, but I don't think you will really need it. Why not get a convertible from LG, which has roughly the same feature yet is about half the price?

It's significantly easier to write on a tablet than PDA, for the fact that a PDA screen is too small to do any serious writing, and that PDAs use touch screen while tablets are electromagnetic. They are good as a personal organiser, but not to take notes full time.

Kulazzi

HSC
LexxY said:
Seems like a big waste of money to me. Why not get one of those palm pilot things? Beats lugging a laptop around uni and stuff. Not to mention the risk of it getting stolen.

Then just transfer your files to ure normal pc and print? Save some money.
Templar said:
It's significantly easier to write on a tablet than PDA, for the fact that a PDA screen is too small to do any serious writing, and that PDAs use touch screen while tablets are electromagnetic. They are good as a personal organiser, but not to take notes full time.
yeah, pda not suited for uni. I mean, my dad uses it for work - only when he takes down orders from customers whereas I plan to use a laptop for assignments and notes.

politik said:
It's cute - just remember that you're paying a high premium just to be able to draw on the screen. You need to compare this to a comparable notebook and think about whether or not you really need a tablet.
well, what do you think? i'm going to be writing notes and assignments mainly in dot points and then type them up in more detail later

mr_brightside said:
Whilst tablets are fun
(thinks back to last Friday when I played with a tablet all day instead of working :eek:)

Do you reallllllly need it?
That's a very good question. With the pen, isketch will be so much easier :uhhuh: :p

Templar said:
It's a good tablet, but I don't think you will really need it. Why not get a convertible from LG, which has roughly the same feature yet is about half the price?
ok thanks guys very much for your input. I really appreciate it that you guys are really trying to convince me into not buying it :p although you all have a very good points there. Thanks once again :)

Lavenderpup

HSC
rather than get a slate (if you even decide to get one), a convertible would be better as you'd have to buy the portable keyboard stand with you if you were going to type it (eg. typing up notes in breaks?) and they tend to be cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)