Full time Uni student and I can't get travel concession...? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
Soo went with my sister to get her student travel concession sticker today and apparently because she works she is not eligible for one. It has apparently always been this way but not enforced.

I think this is absolute BS.

Last year I was only working one shift a week (4 hours) for some extra cash and this would mean I wouldn't have been eligible for a student concession, even though I had to use a train and a bus to get to uni which cost me more than I earnt a week.

Being a full time student means that you cannot work full time hours which means we should be allowed a travel concession, particularly for those who have to use public transport to get to Uni.

Does anyone agree?

zaqwerty

HSC
Yes but my sister was not aware why she was being asked if she worked.

And it's more about the principle of the matter.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
It's pretty bullshit but it's not like it's enforced or anything. Next time just get her to lie.

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
I completely agree. There should be travel concession for any full-time student, regardless of employment.

The system is also flawed in its reasoning for these limits to concession; many people who are employed and full-time students are supporting themselves and contributing to their university fees, whilst many unemployed full-time students would be relying heavily on parents, etc for the financial support.

It's basically against those who are attempting to be independent and self-sufficient in the first place.

henry08

HSC
N/A
It is seriously flawed. What about the people who get the card and then get a job later, are they supposed to rip it up and not use it lol? Just lie/misunderstand as mentioned above.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
It's stupid, I just lie every year. If they found out how much I actually work (i.e. a lot especially over holidays) they'd keel over.

I often wonder what transit officers etc think though when they check my ticket/card and I'm blatantly dressed in office/work clothes. Doubt they care tbh.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
...i already got my id card but i was unaware of this whole concession thing..i didn't know you needed a sticker or whatever on your id card to have it..I just assumed that all you needed was your id card...is it too late to get it done??

lol i think i said id card way too many times xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)