gap year for working troubles. (1 Viewer)

TheStu1

HSC
i have already deferred my degree for a year to work. i quit my job for yr 12 and now i cant get another one. i got interviews for woolies coles etc and didnt get any jobs. put my stuff in at small shops, got some interviews\trials but still no luck. the only jobs listed online in my town are for grads, experienced people and sales (commission). anyone know what i should do or been through this?. i think its too late to get accom for uni, plus i have no money, so i have to have a gap year to work

treescape

HSC
Well at least you have learnt one important thing during your gap year already - don't quit a job unless you have another lined up!

bangali

HSC
Have you done thorough online reading about interviews and jobfinding? There's heaps of tips on the internet about how to change how you present yourself - hugely worth a read, if you follow them it'll seriously increase your chance of getting a job. But yeah it can be hard, and it's depressingly common to apply for like 30-50 jobs before getting one. So keep going and keep searching for why you might have missed the last job/interview/trial, and how to fix it next time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)