General Thoughts: Biology (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall exam thoughts here.

Roscosmos

HSC
I thought it was a pretty good exam, just the right degree of challenge to make you think but not so hard you fail miserably.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
I thought it was pretty good, but I felt that there was a lot of long mark questions...

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty good, I thought. Happy with most of it. Not too sure about a few multiple choice though. Anyone else think they were harder than previous years?!

Alkanes

HSC
Yea definitely harder. I didn't really like the communication option.

HSC
An alright exam. So many of the mulitple choice questions got me!! Some of them, I felt all 4 options were right!!
Lots of the questions confused me ..most weren't straightforward :(
The 8-marker was okay, except it doesn't actually say in the syllabus we have to learn what Macfarlane Buret does, so why did they ask a question on him?? Pasteur and Koch, I could write heaps on, but not Macfarlane :(

HSC
N/A
Yea definitely harder. I didn't really like the communication option.
I nearly died when i realised that B was the ossicles. I thought A, B and C were the components of the ossicles. Thank god i realised last minute.

HSC
N/A
An alright exam. So many of the mulitple choice questions got me!! Some of them, I felt all 4 options were right!!
Lots of the questions confused me ..most weren't straightforward :(
The 8-marker was okay, except it doesn't actually say in the syllabus we have to learn what Macfarlane Buret does, so why did they ask a question on him?? Pasteur and Koch, I could write heaps on, but not Macfarlane :(
I wrote about the clonal selection theory, and how it provided an understanding of immunity.

Boonyak

HSC
i enjoyed the exam found it fairly easy on a few multiple choice got me (agar plate, biscuit and a few more cant remember), and for communication i felt i did well only the sound of insects hadnt studied it fml :(

gonewrong

HSC
Could have been better, could have been worse.
Just thanking god there weren't any major questions on transcription/translation.

HSC
N/A
Was I the only one who finished really early? I finished the exam at like 11:15, and we started at 9:35

I went to the bathroom to pee and then spent my time going through my answers. It's very messy though. I wish I paced myself more

rayya555

HSC
what was that quantiative data thing ? in communication for the eye experiment ?

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
I nearly died when i realised that B was the ossicles. I thought A, B and C were the components of the ossicles. Thank god i realised last minute.
OMG SAME!!! I like died when I saw that, then had another look and derp. I was like wtf, functions of the middle part of the ear ossicles :S

eXanimo

HSC
Multiple choice questions were a bit rough, but do-able. Hopefully 19 or 20 for that.

The main section i felt was a breeze. Yes, lots of long-ish questions, but they all offered good opportunities to pick up marks.

The genetics Option topic was a bit of a scam XD Im SO lucky that i studied transposons like 5 minutes before entering the exam, so i nailed that, but most people in my cohort were ???????????? clueless.

HSC
N/A
what was that quantiative data thing ? in communication for the eye experiment ?
I thought it referred to recording the focal length required for a clear image to be formed on the retina.

But wtf was that question about the inherited/recessive/sex linked mother? i was so lost. and i spent way too much time trying to figure out that enzyme activity graph.

BlakeOlivo

HSC
Uni Grad
I wrote distance of the candle from the lens. There was a ruler in the diagram, and as you know from english, nothing is placed randomly, it all has a reason! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)