General Thoughts: Computing Studies (1 Viewer)

specialkay

HSC
N/A
Hey, I've just completed the computing studies online exam. It was alright - common sense stuff. What did everyone else think? Do we all get the same test? How come people have different days to do it?

ekirii

iota
HSC
i'm currently still in the exam room for cst. the people wont let us out early, regardless of the fact that nearly everyone has finished and is sitting here playing pinball or hearts or something and will be doing so for the remaining 45 minutes....
anyway, it was easy ... common sense really. not much else to say. sort of a waste of time but hey, if they want to test us on our computing skills, at least it's simple.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
How does it compare to the previous years trials? Harder, easier, the same?

zinc

HSC
The questions were easy but there were so many of them!!!

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
That was very easy ...finished within half an hour, yay we got to leave as soon as 40 minutes was up. Did anyone else get to leave early? how long did everyone else's test go for?

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I finished with 40 minutes left in the exam. We were allowed to leave as soon as we had finished.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
The questions were damn easy; all questions were just general knowledge. Easiest SC exam ever =P Took me 23 minutes to finish the hundred questions and 11 minutes to double check.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What did you guys have to know? What areas did they test you on? Any hard questions?

iEdd

HSC
So were there even supervisors? I take it you could easily glance at other's screens. Our school is doing it pen and paper. Don't hesitate to tell us the answers to any harder questions :D

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
iEdd said:
So were there even supervisors? I take it you could easily glance at other's screens. Our school is doing it pen and paper. Don't hesitate to tell us the answers to any harder questions :D
The computer version draws on a bank of questions, so the people next to you don't get the same questions at the same time you do.

Neurox

HSC
I finished with 45 minutes left, but i double checked all my answers, so i finished with around 35min left. Very easy stuff, most people left with like 40minutes to go.

Iq

HSC
What were some of the "hard" questions or areas that were tested?

When I mean hard, i mean those that were confusing because of two close answers.

Anyway good luck in ur results

iq

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Our "supervisor" was just the school's IT teacher.

the leader

HSC
I finished with 53 minutes to go (I didn't check my answers) and managed to get told off four times in those 53 minutes by my "supervisor" - a random science teacher - she had issues with me reading the posters on the walls and counting the ceiling tiles.... most pointless exam ever

Iq

HSC
So ur saying you can finish the test in less than half an hour and be confident to get a band 6.

cheers
Iq

Kiim2507

HSC
What a waste of my life. Some of the question where so stupid...me and my friend were just laughing at them and blatanly looking at each ohers screens and talking.

Finished after 30mins then went to the shops for the rest of the day and went on a shopping spree =D

Did anyone else get the question that was like how do you seperate these two words?

ComputerSkills?

Seriously? WTF If anyone got that wrong the should be shot.

specialkay

HSC
N/A
iEdd said:
Yeh, even though questions show at different times and are picked out random from a bank of questions .. I could still glance at other people's screens and see what they got. (btw I only looked after mine was complete lol) You can still cheat. Even if they're showing a different question at the time, chances are it'll pop up on your test soon anyway. Not that you need to cheat bcos the questions are pretty much common sense - stuff you would know anyway.

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
I'll have an excuse if I get a band... 3 (I don't use any microsoft products).

iEdd

HSC
Freshmex said:
I'll have an excuse if I get a band... 3 (I don't use any microsoft products).
Neither do I, M$ is crap. An online question that was obviously microsoft based annoys me. It was something like.
"What type of program enables you to edit images without affecting images in background"
a)Paint program
b)Drawing program
c)Filtering program
d)Animation program

It depends on what the farking application is. Not all drawing programs are the same. That's the only sort of question I'd lose marks on.

mohdateeq

HSC
I did yr 11 IPT dis year nd cause da computing studies exam became compulsory did yr, my teachers told me I dont hve 2 because i did yr 10 computing last (even though i didnt) nd da exam wsnt compulsry last yr 4 10. SO HAHAHA EXMS ARE FINISHED 4 ME!

TC ppl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)