General Thoughts: English Adv. Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

karoooh

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I thought that the Comparative Study Module question (I do Hamlet/RAGAD) was pretty cool. At first I was a bit like 'heh' but once i read it again i realised it was actually quite a good question with a lot to be able to write about. So v happy with that. :D

The Critical Study question (I do Cloudstreet)... we don't talk about that. I've had my rant in the appropriate forum. But fuck it was annoying.

For Frontline, pretty much the same story as for Hamlet: I was thrown at first but then realised it was actually not too bad.

So overall I was pretty happy with this exam. Although when i find out who wanted us to write about Quick Lamb... *sharpens knife* lol. :D

WOW!

You're like me! Except I thought the Cloudstreet question was much better than Hamlet/RAGAD. Moral order? Eh? But I was able to mould what I was planning to write so it wasn't too bad.

I just objected to the Cloudstreet question and just wrote away!

I may have waffled on a bit too much in Frontline. I had no idea what I was writing. :( I understood the question... But still...

Irskin

HSC
Module A: moral order? wtf? I wrote some good stuff for this though once i got my head around the question.

Module B: Yeats fitted perfectly for age and youth. In 'Sailing to Byzantium' yeats advancing age impels his journey and in 'The Wild Swans at Coole' the beautiful, affectionate young swans form a comparison against his desolation and alienation as an old person of single status.

Module C: pretty good question on powerplay.

I wrote 9 pages, 10 pages, 12 pages.

I think i should get somewhere around 48-50 out of 60

Last edited:

jonno_05

Jonno
HSC
meh...its over now...
i ran outta time for the last essay...powerplay...
had 20 minutes left n i was just starting it....hmmm so i pretty much wrote watever came to mind...therefore it was shit...
mod a n c pissed me off....weird questions but speeches was alrite...so relieved they didnt specify one otherwise i woulda been screwed big time
but NO MORE ENGLISH FOREVER!!!! OHHHH YEHHH PARTY TIME ALEADY.....2 down 5 to go

angel_eyes870

HSC
Wow that so glad thats over :) however, i'm still smiling because that has got to be the best bloody english exam i've ever done, my prepared essays fit so so good!!!
Scored 3 essays!!! yes!!!! and they didn't specify a speech in module A!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOO

HSC
Module A: Nature of moral order? Well, I didn't completely grasp what they wanted, but my memorised essay seemed to fit so I just regurgitated with a bit of moulding. It was okay.

Module B: I did "In the Skin". Worst question ever. It was too specific (Patrick's characterisation and how it moulded our personal response? Wtf.) and I didn't prepare "two key episodes". Everyone was bitching about it afterwards.

Module C: Probably the best one for me out of the three. I had prepared an essay, but just redid it to suit the question.

I'm glad it was just three essays and there were no speeches or conversations or feature articles. Memorising essays for this turned out fine, as long as you're able to mould to suit the question.

usanameisgay

HSC
Oh my god. that was the worst.
Wuthering Heights......WTF?!!!!!!! Why so specific Board of studies?! YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!

Hamlet/Ros and Guil....Moral WHAT?!!!!!! again....SCREW YOU!!!!!!!

Frontline....Meh. My memorised essay went down well.

I will be happy to pass this paper.

abcd9146

HSC
3 essays!!! thats soo boring X__X
i was disapointed at that, theachers were saying how they would give us text types so i got all scared... and then i got 3 essays, i was like O__O

but this exam was waayy better than paper 1, i stuffed paper 1...

stasiamez89

HSC
The only good thing about that paper is that it's over. Module A well that was ok.... Module B I still don't understand what I was saying... although i turned it into some crazy post-modern response which i dont think will be appreciated... Module C ran out of time and dont think i answered it well.... so overall... angry... 'sposed to be my best paper and looks like it'll be my worst... sigh

poopoohead

HSC
i thought it was a good paper- yeah i agree with everyones comments that it would be difficult to use preprepared essays. i thought it was more challenging than past years cos there wasnt the one question like there usualy is that is really general. like- how has ur study of...been illuminated etc

in the reading time i was looking for that question- but i couldnt find it! but yeah i think ive done well. although i spent too much time on both powerplay and comparitive study- so didnt write as much for harwood as i wouldve liked (i did module b last- my writing was so messy and squally- o well)

no more english- its bloody fantastic!

HSC
omg i felt like jumping for joy when i read the paper. not because the questions were good but because they were all essays. i would have been so stuffed if it were a feature article or speech or letter! and also on Module B they didn't specify a speech and we only had to refer to 2 speeches. seriously how good was that?! :rofl:

mojo_rising

HSC
Overall ok...i had prepared responses for all 3 sections and surprisingly they all fitted nicely.
The module B when didnt actually make you focus on any one character, (in my humble opinion) it was asking for an evaluation of how important that character was. As far as my prepared speech was concerned (Wuthering Heights), Heathcliff didnt mean jack to me so i said just that then went on to rant about everything else i had planned.

melaniemelanie

HSC
wow! even though the questions were a lot more focused on specific things and not really a general based answer how happy was i that
a) they were all essays and no radio transcripts, no feature articles etc.
and
b) they did NOT specify one of the twelve speeches in module B
pretty sure i was going into that exam hyperventilating that they were going to specify, because if they did, i would of been dominated! cos even though i dont reckon i did heaps heaps pro good still did alottttttt better than if they did a) or b) thankyou BoS! haha

sillysana

HSC
YAY its over!.....Today was WAYYYY better than paper one......
I didnt memorise essays but i studied heaps... so i could plan the essays and all....

I was happy with the questions...they were a bit gay and specific BUT...i managed reasonably well....i was smiling through reading time and the supervisor looked at me like i was crazy...LOL.....Next stop...business studies
#OUch my hand is killing me#

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
It sucked.
I hated the hard-to-understand questions and we'll never now how we did. I didn't write enough and I chose quality over quantitiy. Sure, the questions were original and too specific.

This sucks.

Dark Phoenix

HSC
This was the best exam i could ever ask for. There was no feature article or conversation or anything that stupid. It was just simple essays. Also King Lear was a huge surprise. I believe that this was the most simple question for Lear EVER! All my prepared essays fit exactly to the question. I must say that im glad to of done the English exam this year. And for those who only do advanced or standard english, good news, NO MORE ENGLISH! hahahahaha

P

pLuvia

Very nice, no other text type :p But very surprising about this. The questions were all nice but except for the Module B King Lear question. Two scenes :( Had to milk it a bit
Overall a very nice english HSC test

wazzaisaweirdo

HSC
Module A) Emma/Clueless. It kinda sucked. Relationships?? HUH!! I just adapted my prepared essay and shoved in some ideas about relationships, but i seriously dont think i did a great job of it. I wrote 9 pages though so i hope that was enough

Module B) King Lear. I got half way through the essay and realised i had done it wrong. So then i had to put arrows onto the opposite page but then when i got out of the exam i realised that i dont think they mark that page..... *tear*. Pages, without all the arrows 6 :( with the arrows probably around 8.

Module C) Telling the Truth. This question confused me a bit i had to read it a few times to see how my related text could fit in properly. I kinda managed to i think. But the Human Experiences bit confused me. I got 11 pages out of it though so i'm pleased with that effort lol.

Anyhoo!! Who cares now!! WHOS COMIN UP THE PUB TO CELEBRATE?! Hehe

***Lauren***

hotcocoa

HSC
Okay..

Section 1: Hamlet/RAGARD: wth is with "fore ideas about the nature of natural order"?! wrote about the perspective of humans during Shakespeares' and Stoppards' time..

Section 2: Cloudstreet: "enduring power of Winton's characterization of Quick?" in the end, I wrote on how not only Quick, but other characters shape my response to Cloudstreet.. blah blah

Section 3: Frontline: "truth in human experience" uh huh.. so.. More on how the truth is collected, manipulated and such from journalist's view..

All up 14 pages..

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
im unsure about how i went since i have no idea if i answered the question properly or if i did my linking statements correctly and the questions seem to be kinda strange.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
i wrote 8 booklets all up..

found that it was very specific... im quiet pleased with my efforts considering i did not memorise one essay for any of my modules :D

but im proud.. 8 booklets :) worth of quality writing

Module A: Emma Clueless - 3 booklets
Module B: King Lear - 3 booklets
Module C: Frontline - 2 booklets

good luck to everyone for everything else. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)