General Thoughts: English Standard Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Ctalke

HSC
Think I did alright with Distinctive voices and cosi.
Average in Global Village I'm hoping around 45+ i usually flunk out english exams so i'm not expecting an insane mark.

illishaA

HSC
N/A
i think we've been lucky overall. paper 1 couldn't of been any easier, they were VERY lenient especially with the creative's where we ' MAY ' use a stimulus ( i still did because its better too ). Anyway with paper 2, module A you could easily memorise as it is pretty much always about the same ideas and themes. Module B for me was also quite easy since i was doing Wilfred Owen and it worked really well with ' human conflict '. Module C was harder than i had anticipated since i was expecting something on barriers but i managed to adjust to the question and still fork out 9 pages.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i think we've been lucky overall. paper 1 couldn't of been any easier, they were VERY lenient especially with the creative's where we ' MAY ' use a stimulus ( i still did because its better too ). Anyway with paper 2, module A you could easily memorise as it is pretty much always about the same ideas and themes. Module B for me was also quite easy since i was doing Wilfred Owen and it worked really well with ' human conflict '. Module C was harder than i had anticipated since i was expecting something on barriers but i managed to adjust to the question and still fork out 9 pages.
Paper one - essay could've been easier, considering my prescribed didn't relate too place.
Your argument is invalid.

illishaA

HSC
N/A
Paper one - essay could've been easier, considering my prescribed didn't relate too place.
Your argument is invalid.
you should still be able to adapt to the question. connections through relationships and how they contribute to an individuals sense of place for e.g.
also if you had written an essay up, you should be able to relate it to the environment. e.g. creating an environment of acceptance is necessary to accentuate an individuals sense of belonging

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
you should still be able to adapt to the question. connections through relationships and how they contribute to an individuals sense of place for e.g.
also if you had written an essay up, you should be able to relate it to the environment. e.g. creating an environment of acceptance is necessary to accentuate an individuals sense of belonging
The question specifically asked for how the connection to place influenced perceptions of belonging and not belonging, and I did do that.
I wrote that Proctor had a sense of place in his home and this contributed to his belonging with Elizabeth, and he had a connection with Salem that contributed to him not belonging to the overturned theocracy that the girls control.

kaur154

HSC
The witness question was weird
individual stuggle??

trang8

HSC
educating rita = ok although i ran out of time... had so much to discuss. the question only asked for consequences
wilfred owen= 60% if lucky. It took most of my time and wtf is human conflict? dehumanisation? that's what i wrote throughout the entire essay
life and crime of harry lavender = 75% i think i did pretty well :)
my first exam and i feel like im having arthritis.... anyone with same problem?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
educating rita = ok although i ran out of time... had so much to discuss. the question only asked for consequences
wilfred owen= 60% if lucky. It took most of my time and wtf is human conflict? dehumanisation? that's what i wrote throughout the entire essay
Human conflict = war.
His poetry is about war... not that difficult to interpret.

And yeah, my hand was dark red/purple around my thumb, and index and middle fingers.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
I thought the paper overall was a gift from the English gods, no weird text types we had to compose, and they only asked for one related text for Module A and C, and the questions were pretty decent.

Loved Module A Distinctively Visual Question for Shoe-Horn! Brilliant! Brilliant! Brilliant! :D I owe my English teacher the biggest thank you for making me do that damn practice essay on experiences being conveyed by the use of distinctively visual methods. Did a little happy dance in reading time when I read this, haha.
Module B witness question was a bit more tricky, and I had to think of some things to make reference to. Did this last so I could just ramble until time ran out. Thinking about it now, I don't think I did too terribly, and I think most of my examples and film references were integral to what the question asked.
Module C was also pretty good for Tom Brennan. Loved it, lots to reference and plenty of techniques and examples could be utilised in the response.

illishaA

HSC
N/A
dehumanisation should of worked for Owen. its pretty much asking about his perspective of violence on war. talk about its negative psychological effects and everything

illishaA

HSC
N/A
The question specifically asked for how the connection to place influenced perceptions of belonging and not belonging, and I did do that.
I wrote that Proctor had a sense of place in his home and this contributed to his belonging with Elizabeth, and he had a connection with Salem that contributed to him not belonging to the overturned theocracy that the girls control.
well what you did seems right in that case ( i dont do you're studied text ) but thats a good way to twitch the question to fit. you could perhaps talk about mental environment ( head space ).

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
well what you did seems right in that case ( i dont do you're studied text ) but thats a good way to twitch the question to fit. you could perhaps talk about mental environment ( head space ).
I think if you have to take the question so far as to make place into mental environment you belong in standard English.

illishaA

HSC
N/A
I think if you have to take the question so far as to make place into mental environment you belong in standard English.
well i am looking at around 97/105 + for this exam which would be a band 6 i think.. lol. in that way i wonder if i should of taken up advanced.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
well i am looking at around 97/105 + for this exam which would be a band 6 i think.. lol. in that way i wonder if i should of taken up advanced.
O.O 97?????????????? eeekkkk.

Im looking for 85~90/105

illishaA

HSC
N/A
well i did get 93/105 in my trials so im hoping that i can push another 4 more marks ( i got two 19's in my modules for bad handwriting lol >.> ) which i tried fixing up in the hsc using a better pen.
also i find our studied texts really well adapt to the question. Henry Lawson is pretty much, you KNOW what to expect each year. As with Owen. so in that 5 minutes i try to set my plan on those two. Then after that i focused on my third text Educating Rita which was a fairly general question so am feeling confident

Last edited:

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
well i did get 93/105 in my trials so im hoping that i can push another 4 more marks ( i got two 19's in my modules for bad handwriting lol >.> ) which i tried fixing up in the hsc using a better pen.
also i find our studied texts really well adapt to the question. Henry Lawson is pretty much, you KNOW what to expect each year. As with Owen. so in that 5 minutes i try to set my plan on those two. Then after that i focused on my third text Educating Rita which was a fairly general question so am feeling confident
Your school might not mark as difficult as the HSC.
Also, Educating Rita was the same question as the CSSA trial, wasn't it?

illishaA

HSC
N/A
Your school might not mark as difficult as the HSC.
Also, Educating Rita was the same question as the CSSA trial, wasn't it?
i hope they mark similarly though i am confident for the modules i can score 19 or above for the first two and an 18 Educating Rita. Yes it was, but i felt like i hadn't prepared enough for it but in the end managed to get through.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
i hope they mark similarly though i am confident for the modules i can score 19 or above for the first two and an 18 Educating Rita. Yes it was, but i felt like i hadn't prepared enough for it but in the end managed to get through.
I reckon i could pull of 18,18 and 18. HSC markers gave me full marks before as confirmed with them, But i made some mistakes.

Paper 1 screwed me T.T......

keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)