General Thoughts: HSC PD/H/PE (1 Viewer)

I97

HSC
Nice exam! Core short answer had some odd questions but once i got my head around what they were asking/what sections of the syllabus it was quite easy. The rest were quite generic and straightforward. Multiple choice had a couple which could go either way but i just went with my instincts of what i thought was right. Sports Med and Improving Performance questions were straight from the syllabus and anticipated! Overall pretty happy with it!

Last edited:

Elle

HSC
N/A
Wasn't too bad! Multiple choice were alright as were short response, just couldnt articulate my answers very well! Sports Med questions were v. nice but I had a major crisis in answering the second Improving Performance question about the effectiveness of processes in identifying and managing overtraining! My teacher and peers agreed that it was a more difficult test in comparison to other years!

I97

HSC
My teacher and peers agreed that it was a more difficult test in comparison to other years!
Hopefully that works in our favour with better aligning of raw marks-->HSC marks but i agree the raw marks may possibly be lower this year as people may have misinterpreted the core 2 8 marker or struggled with the improving performance questions.

ryan_gorton

HSC
Pretty good! A lot of questions were very specific for a lot of marks, but I feel as though I answered them well. Only one that caught me out a little bit was the IP 8 marker which was worded with the right hand side of the syllabus and not the left.. Didnt quite know what dotpoint to talk about to begin with

HSC
Much tougher than last years paper and apart from the 8 marker on core 2 and SM 8 marker, which I'm only a tad iffy about, I think it was a decent paper.

HSC
Probably on par with the 2011 test difficulty imo. Surprised Ottawa Charter and either drugs/technology weren't asked for IP. Core 2 questions were quite weird too but not too difficult.

ryan_gorton

HSC
Much tougher than last years paper and apart from the 8 marker on core 2 and SM 8 marker, which I'm only a tad iffy about, I think it was a decent paper.
Core 2, 8 marker (Q28) i felt was a little too specific for 8 marks. They should've incorporated a few others, if not all of the learning environment IMO

SM 8 marker was expected, if you look on the right hand side of the syllabus they only mention ID and BD

HSC
Core 2, 8 marker (Q28) i felt was a little too specific for 8 marks. They should've incorporated a few others, if not all of the learning environment IMO

SM 8 marker was expected, if you look on the right hand side of the syllabus they only mention ID and BD
Oh wow, didn't even look at the RHS of the sports med syllabus to know that. I still think I answered it well but not that well.
Agree with the core 2 8 marker, way too specific. Otherwise, still really surprised the core of core 2 was missing and the lack of cancer, Ottawa Charter etc in core 1.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I'm so devo about the FaP 8 marker - the learning environment dot point was unfortunately one that I missed in class, therefore had to copy a friend's notes and I retain the majority of my knowledge aurally in the classroom. I immediately skipped it as I knew I definitely did not recognise the terminology and didn't want to waste time to sacrifice marks with the options. I went back to it at the end when I had twenty minutes to spare and just could not figure out what it was. All of my peers also either didn't make the connection or had not been able to come up with a response worth 8 marks. Sports med was my strongest topic so I found the questions, while unexpected, rather easy. The rest of the short answers were also a bit out there, although once I connected the terminology back to its dot point, was able to answer adequately. The multiple choice was okay, it was just annoying as there were a couple that could have gone either way. I'm a bit disappointed in myself as I don't think this test played to my strengths or what I had taken the time to be extra prepared for (Ottawa Charter!!!!) so I won't have gotten my usual exam mark for PDHPE (85-90%).

Either way, what's done is done. Going to enjoy my weekend before I start studying for extension english!

Bozzin8R

HSC
I thought was a fair exam overall. Yeah the short answers were pretty specific but nothing too hard if you had done a bit of revision. Multiple choice had a few toughies but

HSC
Quick question, what did you guys put for the gymnastics multiple choice question?
KoR or KoP?

I97

HSC
KoR since its the actual outcome (score) rather than the actual feedback about how the routine was executed.

HSC
Gah there goes one mark already! KoR and KoP were the most confusing terms for me in the entire core 2. There goes one 50-50! D:

StudyToDeath

HSC
How'd you go study fam?!?!
I thought all those practice short responses we did would help. It did... until I didn't know what "performance element" was so I wrote about the characteristics of a skilled athlete - kinaesthetic sense etc. I found some of the mutilple choice difficult and some really easy. Sports med I thought I went really well in and Improving performance wasn't so great as I was short on time. But I finished :D

What about you???

HSC
I thought all those practice short responses we did would help. It did... until I didn't know what "performance element" was so I wrote about the characteristics of a skilled athlete - kinaesthetic sense etc. I found some of the mutilple choice difficult and some really easy. Sports med I thought I went really well in and Improving performance wasn't so great as I was short on time. But I finished :D

What about you???
Haha yea the at least core 1 short answer practice helped! Just thinking of the exam now, I know I made a few stupid mistakes in multiple choice which really makes me sad and annoyed. Look, they aim to give marks so if you tied in something relevant try attempt you add a mark or two. Multiple choice was ok, some very tough 50-50s...

No point thinking over your mistakes, just makes them worse! As I am right now with my stupid MCs!
I'm sure you did really well!

StudyToDeath

HSC
Haha yea the at least core 1 short answer practice helped! Just thinking of the exam now, I know I made a few stupid mistakes in multiple choice which really makes me sad and annoyed. Look, they aim to give marks so if you tied in something relevant try attempt you add a mark or two. Multiple choice was ok, some very tough 50-50s...

No point thinking over your mistakes, just makes them worse! As I am right now with my stupid MCs!
I'm sure you did really well!
You're right! Nothing we can do now. It's seems like we are disappointed in ourselves and we have the right to be we studied for ages and marks don't always reflect our efforts. However i don't think we went that bad lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)