General Thoughts: Indonesian Continuers (1 Viewer)

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
Re: Indonesian Continuers Exam

hey yeah i do
i thought it was actually okay
listening and reading werent too bad
r/rb was fine

but i took a bit too long on rrb so i had to rush writing so i think ill lose quite a few marks there lol

laurennn91

HSC
Re: Indonesian Continuers Exam

yeah i thought so too. the only hard listening one was that random multiple choice one about doing the housework, but i got it in the end :)

reading and responding were good too, i hardly had to use a dictionary which was a change. which writings did you do? i the email about 2009 and the speech.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
It was okay.

Better than I was expecting.

All the listening was good, except the last question...

The writing questions were good, the reading and responding wiriting was good.

I didn't like the reading and responding short answer questions... I got stuck on 10 c) and 11 c) and d) I think...

Though overall it was good I suppose...

pinkprincess183

HSC
I thought it was pretty good. Listening was way easier than the past couple of years, and the reading section was very easy. Barely had to use a dictionary.
Read and respond was a little odd, but overall easy to finish, and the written sections I thought were pretty good. Could relate anything to suit those questions. I did 13a, the neighbour and 14b.

PuRpLe PrInCeSs

HSC
yeah I thought it was a pretty fair paper, and the reading and listening were easier than previous years, the rrb was alright and the writing was pretty good.

omg no more indo!! (saya sedih sekali!) :(

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
pinkprincess183 said:
I thought it was pretty good. Listening was way easier than the past couple of years, and the reading section was very easy. Barely had to use a dictionary.
Read and respond was a little odd, but overall easy to finish, and the written sections I thought were pretty good. Could relate anything to suit those questions. I did 13a, the neighbour and 14b.
Lol I did the opposite - 13b and 14a

it was easy to make up stuff i was doing in 2009, i'd practiced that most with my teacher

and the speech was easy... plenty of stuff i could make up on the best place to live...

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
i know im really sad to finish indo!
but going to bali at the end of the year so thats pretty exciting :D

oh yeah that question in listening .... what was the answer to that one?
i think i put the "do you want to sweep tomorrow then"
i think

i just wish i didnt spend so much time on RRB, because i had to rush writing !
how many pages did you all write for RRB/writing?
i had 3, 2, 2....

oh and for writing i did the 2009 plans and the argument with parents....

laurennn91

HSC
im going to bali too! got my tickets sent to me today, im so excited.

yeah i ended up putting "have you already forgotten about the exam?" (c) because one second he was talking about studying and then he wanted to play ball? i dont even know haha oh well its over now.

wrote 4.5 pages for r&r, 3.5 for the email and 4 for the speech. but my writing is maaaassive

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
oh wow congrats!!
yeah your probably right, i was tossing up between those two!
and i always get multiple choice wrong haha :p

ooh yay how exciting when are you going?

and aw indo ext aye! i wish i did it, i really regret not doing it....

hey btw does anyone know how many people did indo continuers this year? thanks !

laurennn91

HSC
im leaving on the 23rd of nov with 6 of my friends. 10 days in a villa in seminyak ahhh its going to be heaven!

yeah indo ext is really great, so glad i did it. i found the speaking part of it the hardest (exam is two orals), but after that its just like more indo. except next year they are changing the prescribed text to a new movie, we watched it in class just for fun and it is so cute! its set in a little indonesian orphanage, im so jealous of the people who get to do it next year!

by the way, 65 people did indo continuers and 18 did ext :)
when are you off to bali?

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
oh wow thats sooo exciting!
i dont leave till the 31st of december... so long!! :(
haha

ooh yes i know the movie! untuk rena?!
we watched it last year in class, and my sister is doing indo ext for 2009 hsc so shes got it at home and i was watching it the other day! naw its so cute, how adorable is hamdani!!! <3
hehe

yeah ive heard that about ext... about the speaking :S
but yeah really wish i'd done it!! i couldnt because there are only 4 girls in my class at school and none of them really wanted to do it because they all already had 11+ units... oh well. :)

wow!! only 65!! thats so tiny!! but thats good hehe!
even if i come like 65th, i can be like:
"im the 65th best at indonesian continuers in the state mum!"
hahahah! :D

thanks for that!!

laurennn91

HSC
ahh i love that movie so much! hamdani is the cutest thing ever, i just want to give him the biggest hug haha.

yepp so keen for bali, even though by then i'll probably have forgotten all my indo and just use english!

i know its awesome being able to say that, it happened with my brother one year when he did czech as a language and only 2 people did it. he came 2nd, so he could either tell people he came 2nd in the state or last lol

and theres 5 people in my class at school, so i can say thats 15% of all the continuers students!

hey by the way, just wondering for that r&r question, you know the passage about the girl staying in bali.. what did you do for the question about her 'character'? i didn't really know how to say it, i just kinda said that she was disrespectful and stuff? gahh

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
aww hamdani i know <3 i want to adopt him haha !

ooh wow, i would love saying i came 2nd in something haha! thats so awesome!

yeah i know i was stumped for the question. i hate how now the 4-5 marker questions are "english" type!! lol
i just wrote yeah she was disrespectful and i also added she had a sense of humour and was interested in indo culture, but i was just making stuff up i really didnt know what to say at all!! but i mainly focused on how she was disrespectful.

oh, and for the listening, there was one question where i totally tuned out and didnt even answer properly. you know the matahari one.... the question was like " why will matahari be busy on the 21st of september".... what did you put for that one? i know it had to do with idul fitri but after that i didnt get it :S
and last question (sorry) for the first listening question about the music performance, the date was the 17th of june wasnt it? i totally blanked when they were talking haha :p

thank you!

laurennn91

HSC
aahh okay awesome yeah i wrote that too, and that she was heaps materialistic since she kept her computer and phone on. but i didnt really explain it very well im pretty sure it just came out like blah since i was just rushing to get onto the writings!

oh and speaking of those 'english' type questions, you should see the ext ones, some of them are just about analysing film techniques and i feel like im in english, ahh bad memories lol

with listening.. for the matahari one i got something about how they were having a discount on clothes? so that people could buy them for idul fitri. but it was really basic i didnt get any other details! and the first one i got 17th of june too :) i was so freaked out i got it wrong since it was the first question and i wasnt concentrating yet! haha i find it so hard to pick up numbers in listening. like the one about the girl trying to get time off work.. i had no idea what the whole 'two weeks' thing was about?!

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
awhk cool yaya :)

oh damn i didnt hear any of that, but that sounds right! i totally blanked for that matahari question, i literally heard idul fitri and that was it haha

oh man i know what you mean , i never concentrate properly on the first question eep :S but phew im so glad it was the 17th of june :D

ahh really!! that sounds so english type! film techniques!! ahh! haha
i better warn my sister :p!

oh yeah that girl trying to get off work.... i have absolutley no idea whatsoever!!! i just left that part out i think but i dont think my answer made sense.... haha in longer type questions i usually stop listening after a while haha :p

laurennn91

HSC
yeah some of them are soo long, and our cd starting skipping in the middle of one! it was really off-putting, and then the examiner started freaking out haha

oh well its all over now! well until the extension exam. but no listening in that yay!

jortari

jumanji!
HSC
oh my gosh really! that sucks!!
lol the examiners... ours for indo were really cute though aww :)

oooh yes good luck in indo ext!!! and for the rest of your exams! :D

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I was the only one in my hall hahaha

I'm the only one in my year doing Indo...

it was great

laurennn91 said:
im going to bali too! got my tickets sent to me today, im so excited.

yeah i ended up putting "have you already forgotten about the exam?" (c) because one second he was talking about studying and then he wanted to play ball? i dont even know haha oh well its over now.

wrote 4.5 pages for r&r, 3.5 for the email and 4 for the speech. but my writing is maaaassive
I put d) but changed to a)

coz he was saying he couldn't clean up coz his parents wanted him to study?

he didn't forget about the exams...

and the girl was saying you need to clean...

so i put a)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)