General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought the paper was challenging. Q7 was a massive joke haha. Also q6 resisted integration was just dicks for 3 marks. I loved when I got the integration reduction in q8 haha. anyone else find q4/5 a bit harder than normal? Hmmmm.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
The structure of the exam was weird.

PussyKent

HSC
The structure of the exam was weird.
yes i definitely found the structure strange, especially the graphs question, which didn't have the usual 4/5 easy marks by drawing f(x). Ah well, lets hope that I'm still on track for that 115+!!

jessicagee

HSC
i got 83/120 - what band is that scaled?

also, is every question equally scaled? i keep hearing different things!

Icee_tee

HSC
just a quick question: what is the difference between a band 6 and E4 in maths ext 2? or are they they same?:read:

utanobeiiby

HSC
Re: paper

I found the paper ok.. it wasn't hard compare to past papers... i think time contraint is the probly the problem ...
and I HATE the way it was structured.. like WTF it has like 20 marks on mechanics?? I wouldve prefered if they put hard questions in q7 and 8 like they always do instead of fucking it up by putting random hard questions everywhere and have some easy ass shit in q8 ...
i left out quite a bit so I'm hoping for 90+/120... ><

AND just clearing things up from a trusted source: "In recent years, the E4 cut-off for Maths Extension 2 was between 70 and 80 out of 120, meaning if your raw exam mark was greater than this (whatever it may be for a specific year), then you would achieve band E4."

elz11

HSC
just a quick question: what is the difference between a band 6 and E4 in maths ext 2? or are they they same?:read:
your final exam results (not your raw results) should be 90-100 to achieve a band E4.

Although previous years have had a cut off of 70-80, I wouldn't put complete confidence in this cut off (even if it is supposedly from a reliable source), because the exam this year was relatively difficult, things are definitely subject to change. And it really depends on how well everyone else did, because then the normal distribution graph would shift and scaling would be different.

Last edited:

darkmagesy

HSC
My opinion on this paper was that the questions tried to throw you off from the normal way to approach the questions. Now, this may just be me, but I'm not such a good interpreter so I took a lot of misreadings to the questions and I skipped out halfway through each question I couldn't do. I have a feeling that I got 50% since I could only do half the paper. I'm just surprised people found it easy =S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)