General thoughts: Maths SC (1 Viewer)

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
So I just did it. It seems pretty a-ok and there were some hardish questions but overall it was more or less like the other trials where they would present easier and harder questions.

Opinions?

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Awesome I'm first to start the thread again. Mmmm I'm hungry yet I have to study silly geographical and historical facts for the next exams. Ugh. Why do we need to know all this Australian history?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Maths seemed much easier than previous years, however, there were a few questions that took a long time. Section 2 was TOO easy :p

Kujah

HSC
N/A
For the last question, did you guys say bruce get no? Cause the angle was like 30 degrees, and 51 mins or sumfin.

soap~

Legal Eagle
HSC
It was faily easy.. i still didn't know some stuff though. >_> But I suck at maths.

timmiitippii

HSC
There were only 2 questions which i didnt know how to do and that was the question that ask of the angle in the quadrilateral and they give u the 50' and the 120' and tells u that the other 2 angles are bisected and it meets at a point..:confused:
Anyways what did u guys get for that question???

Other question is the one about an equilateral inside anohter triangle with 2 times the area and they ask for the angle of the top part... they gave no angles or sides whatsoever besides the fast that it was equilateral....

I also got the stupid qestion wrong about girl finishing lap in 16 seconds and guy finishing in 20 second and wen will she past him again or sumthing/// no idea..:bomb:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
All you guys finished in time?

booties4

HSC
I suck at maths and i found it fairly easy....i had a really good teacher though!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
timmiitippii said:
There were only 2 questions which i didnt know how to do and that was the question that ask of the angle in the quadrilateral and they give u the 50' and the 120' and tells u that the other 2 angles are bisected and it meets at a point..:confused:
Anyways what did u guys get for that question???

Other question is the one about an equilateral inside anohter triangle with 2 times the area and they ask for the angle of the top part... they gave no angles or sides whatsoever besides the fast that it was equilateral....

I also got the stupid qestion wrong about girl finishing lap in 16 seconds and guy finishing in 20 second and wen will she past him again or sumthing/// no idea..:bomb:

1. I got 60 degrees i think.
2. I think i got 90 for that
3. LCM: which is 80 seconds i think.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
I found it pretty good - some questions were challenging and took a bit of time. Time management was needed for that I think.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
I'm in the top Advanced Maths class, and have been doing fairly well throughout the whole year.. but I found that extremely hard.

Didn't manage to finish Section 1, and had to guess some multiple choices.

Anyone feeling the same here? :(

Sounds like a lot of people found that easy (great for you guys!).

Peteage

HSC
timmiitippii said:
I put they met at 60 seconds. I just kept wrighting out the multiples of 20 and 16 until i found a number that they both had the same

by the way it said they were running in the same direction for 20 and 16 seconds not they finished at that time, maby u read it wrong

shakky15

HSC
i needed a few more minutes.. when supervisor sed pens down i went n guessed 5 multiple choices... i was heading 4 a band 6 before that - with brucce, u disagreee coz its like 31degrees.. he thought it was half (which was 25degrees)... the lap one was like 80 seconds.. the equilateral 1 was weird- not enough info supplied i thoght

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Faytle said:
I'm in the top Advanced Maths class, and have been doing fairly well throughout the whole year.. but I found that extremely hard.

Didn't manage to finish Section 1, and had to guess some multiple choices.

Anyone feeling the same here? :(

Sounds like a lot of people found that easy (great for you guys!).
That happens to me sometimes. I get the hard questions right, but i stumble at the easy ones :rofl:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Peteage said:
I put they met at 60 seconds. I just kept wrighting out the multiples of 20 and 16 until i found a number that they both had the same
Is 16 a multiple of 60? :confused:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Our school must suck really bad, cause alot of my grade found the test fairly hard, and even the top maths class had some difficulty ....maybe we just totally suck ...oh and for the last question didn't you just have to justify your argument of whether Bruce was correct or not? I proved that he was incorrect by finding the length of the hypotenuse (using pythagoras), then using cos 25 = A/H to find the hypotenuse, and after finding that it doesn't equal the length found originally using pythagoras theorem, you have then proved that Bruce was incorrect and have sufficiently proved that it can't be half of the other angle!

Something like that ...

Last edited:

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Kujah said:
That happens to me sometimes. I get the hard questions right, but i stumble at the easy ones :rofl:
Aarrgh.

How did everyone go with the question in MC that had a triangle b = 1 - a over b.. or something along those lines?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)