General Thoughts: Modern History (1 Viewer)

ushnakhalid

HSC
For anyone who did Conflict in Euorope the question about the air war, did anyone tie in other factors which shaped the course of the European War? :)
i did about a page on air war then also the other battles and kind of compared their significance to the air war

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
For anyone who did Conflict in Euorope the question about the air war, did anyone tie in other factors which shaped the course of the European War? :)
First 3 pages was air war then i did a paragraph on how it was crucial to the sucess of Russia, North Africa and D-Day

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I predicted my modules to the question... even the wording.

I predicted that USA 1919-1941; (I did not guess, I kind of knew) would be not only Foreign Policy, but Domestic pressures. I wrote the same essay I did the day before the exam, which was marked by a former Senior Modern marker. I destroyed it 23+ Hands Down.

I also predicted Home-Fronts for Pacific (The pattern indicated: Turning Points; Home-Fronts or Allied Occupation) In fact, for the Pacific if you learn, ' Turning Points, Allied Occupation, Civilians, Home-Fronts and Growth Of Tensions, due to the nature of the syllabus, they have to ask one of those in a linear manner) so I fixed a 22-23+ for that section; (Had to rush, time was running out). My essay already had the comparisons... the structure was a contrast between the two... e.g. 'In stark contrast. Like X - drawing out the similarities... required little if any alteration'.

The personality Part A, was a gift...... I do Hoover. Part B, was confusing... I think I got a 12... I had the content that was relevant but I was confused by the wording... (I do not think the actual way in which I conveyed my argument was of a consistently exceptional standard).. really it depends how they mark it.

World War 1 was an absolute gift (Multiple Choice was fucked up tbh... Shrapnel or Barrage? I mean for fuck sake)... tbh, even if you had not studied WW1 in depth... and had just seen a couple of movies, you could have got the own knowledge marks (2). (Words of Snr History Marker... i say in general, because he has marked all English and History papers).

I estimate 92-94+ (The paper was very easy)

(I also predicted Ancient would be: Conservation or Ethics for PnH and my Rome 264-133 (One of the 25 Marker Options) would be The Roles of X n X or Causes of Punic Wars)

BOS makes it obvious.
hmm any chance u went to RBHS

angrycookies

HSC
LOL, lost track of time due to the glare on the clock and i was at the back.
wasted so much time on WW1 and ended up not finshing 2 conclusions.

phcan

HSC
Did anyone else feel like they got shot in the heart for Germany? I had only prepared for Weimar 1918-1933 not until 1939... So fucking pissed and that conflict in europe question.... i didn't even study any of those 2 topics asked in the questions... FML

Dogs4Life

HSC
Did anyone else feel like they got shot in the heart for Germany? I had only prepared for Weimar 1918-1933 not until 1939... So fucking pissed and that conflict in europe question.... i didn't even study any of those 2 topics asked in the questions... FML
Yes! The germany questions were really specific!!

limplict

HSC
Definitely. Not sure why people have been saying that Germany was "easy"- if you wanna see an easy question, check out 2013 where there was a collapse of the Weimar Republic question. The nationalism question was absolute crap since the time period was from 1918 to 1939. Judging by what a lot of people have said on this thread, many have limited their discussion up till 1934 since the democracy had essentially been crushed by the time Hitler implemented the Enabling Act. Idk about you guys but my teacher always emphasised that if they give you a time frame in the question, you must discuss issues throughout that entire period, which means that a fair few neglected the 34-39 period in the question.

The second question was better since it was basically asking how they consolidated their power, though I was surprised that they had chosen to test that dotpoint given that they had tested it recently in 2011. A ton of other things in the syllabus e.g totalitarianism, racism etc; haven't been tested for a while but they decided to test consolidation of power again.... Wtf BOS

cylindrical

HSC
Definitely. Not sure why people have been saying that Germany was "easy"- if you wanna see an easy question, check out 2013 where there was a collapse of the Weimar Republic question. The nationalism question was absolute crap since the time period was from 1918 to 1939. Judging by what a lot of people have said on this thread, many have limited their discussion up till 1934 since the democracy had essentially been crushed by the time Hitler implemented the Enabling Act. Idk about you guys but my teacher always emphasised that if they give you a time frame in the question, you must discuss issues throughout that entire period, which means that a fair few neglected the 34-39 period in the question.

The second question was better since it was basically asking how they consolidated their power, though I was surprised that they had chosen to test that dotpoint given that they had tested it recently in 2011. A ton of other things in the syllabus e.g totalitarianism, racism etc; haven't been tested for a while but they decided to test consolidation of power again.... Wtf BOS
Well said! :rolleyes:

awe

HSC
Hardest Germany paper in recent years imo - no "real" weimar question and such a narrow focus for Nazi Germany, like limplict said pretty slack of BOS to test consolidation twice in 4 years when so many other areas have been untested (LOL or maybe I'm just really bitter..)

eldor1997

HSC
N/A
So what was the answer for WW1 multiple choice was it barrage or shrapnel. And what was the goat one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)