General Thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
I think it was much simpler and straight-forward than the CSSA trial. But a couple of the multiple choices were confusing.

Overall I think I did well - hopefully 75+ for me :)

HSC
It was pretty easy. When I read the questions I was like "Yeah baby!"

But yeah a couple of the multies were a bit... 'hmmmmm...'

anyway, with the graph on relative extinctions, I put down that 'the division boundaries correspond to major extinction events'

and yeah, d for the bulldozer graph.

But no flow chart of the sewage treatment plant... I spent ages stressing AND on studying for that point.

and no "the formation of the australian continent" -.- WHY does this always happen to me?

annaj

HSC
Yeh it was pretty straightforward but not what i was expecting! heaps different to past papers! I studyed for so much stuff that wasnt even even in the exam expecially caring for country...pesticides ect. The introduced species section was rather weird you didnt even really need to study for it, preety straightforward. I wanted a question on the rabbit/salvinia ect!! errr

Sarah 05

i liked it 2. bit of a bugger there was only 3 caring 4 the country questions. they did like 5, 6, 7 mark questions. the thing that i thought was weirdest was that they didnt ask u in introduced species to talk about one of ur case studies such as the rabbit. that is almost the entire topic so i felt a bit ripped off there

emskis

i thought it wasn't too bad. nowhere near as hard as i expected it to be so thats always a good thing!!!!
yea i did the past papers too and was freaking out, but it was so much easier than those, even though i didn't really know the answers for some m/c questions. hopefully i did well!!!!

HSC
"Yes there was, the one in relation to the formation of soils from west to east, I integrated both answers from a formation of the continent perspective and leeching, stability, low relief....."

(okay I'm new here and the quote thing screwed me over. I am computer illiterate so stop smirking!)

Yeah I know, so did I. But I was talking specifically about the mobile belts, the beautiful wonders of accretion and the Lachlan Fold belt, the New England belt, etc etc.

All that info wasted... unless you put all that in your answer as well? hm..

mang

that was splendiferous, i will be disappoi9nted if i get below 90%

only one question anoyed me... about waste water treatment leading to recycling??? was it a single process ie sedimentation or a series of steps( thats what i did)

mang

matthewm said:
yeah threw me off abit. but I just had bits and pieces of proccesses that lead to it being to be recycled[/QUOTE
did yo use a specific exaMPLE (i made up some crap about mining and their use of treatment and recycling)

Cognosis

is awesome
HSC
Reflecting on the exam, I think I was boned. Did anybody else find the graphing question for Introduced Species annoying as hell, spending about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to do the dates and stuff?

Questions 25 and 26 really threw me. I think one was about rehabilitation of an ecosystem damaged by an intreoduced species, and the other about the soils of the australian continent from the east and west.

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
I was generally pleased with the exam! i was freaking out because when i looked at the past papers i thought "theres no way i can do this" i knew nothing (or so its seemed). when i opened that paper today though at 25 past 9 in the am everything was fine again. I KNEW the answers it was shocking (in a good way), a couple of questions i wasnt 100% on but i made up fairly reasonable answers so im hoping high 80's, wouldnt mind a 90 but dont wanna get my hopes up too much. i dunno y u guys r complaining bout m/c, that was better than past years i thought. except the plate movement measuring thinggy that threw me off, in fact im sure i put down the rong answer! but over all it was a good paper WAY BETTER than mathematics (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

switchblade87

HSC
The graphing question was ok...10 mins to figure out the dates? erm...
The only question that seemed a bit screwy was that one where it asked you about a plant, and how it was in the swampy environment, and what evolutionary modifications would it need to live terrestrially. 6 marks worth I think, not confident with that one.

Nerd Queen

"Oh God, I could be bounded in a nut-shell, and co
HSC
yea i left that one till last so the answer would work itself out in my head. i hope it did, i just wrote some crap about developing cuticles n "real" roots to obtain n keep water in terrestrial lands i think i may have mentioned something about support structutre and defence too. cant b too sure. i just made up crap so that i mite be able to make up the 6 marks! lol

haejin

Did anyone get thrown into an impasse with the question about liquid wastes and recyclign that water?
When they said liquid wastes i was thinking about the flocculants, centruge, precipitation stuff, but when they said liquid wastes i went into thinking about artificial wetlands.
And did anyoen else crack up when they saw the picture fo the guy leaping over the little stream?

For Cooksonia, i talked about its vascular system and how it was beneficial bla blah photosynthesis. blah blah. Then i said how its roots needed to be mroe well developed into order to acces water depper in dryer soils etc.
And how it had to form a method of reproduction that wasnt reliant on simply water.

Last edited by a moderator:

mang

haejin_is_irish said:
Did anyone get thrown into an impasse with the question about liquid wastes and recyclign that water?
When they said liquid wastes i was thinking about the flocculants, centruge, precipitation stuff, but when they said liquid wastes i went into thinking about artificial wetlands.
And did anyoen else crack up when they saw the picture fo the guy leaping over the little stream?

For Cooksonia, i talked about its vascular system and how it was beneficial bla blah photosynthesis. blah blah. Then i said how its roots needed to be mroe well developed into order to acces water depper in dryer soils etc.
And how it had to form a method of reproduction that wasnt reliant on simply water.
twas a largesse impasse, exactly the same conundrem as you, i ended up with some bollocks bout a mines treatment of waste water, sedimentation, flocculation, ph balancing etc.... it kinda sounded like you should talk bout a specific example....

Cooksonia= same as yours (xactyly)

mang

kols_kebabs said:
And regarding 'recycling' of liquid wastes, yeah I was kind of thrown by that

Do you think they'll differentiate between recycling and just treatment?

Cause all I had studied in class for water treatment was the septic tank system. The seppo system filters water, and puts it back into the environment e.g. your paddock, but is this recycling?

Recycling would be reuse I guess?, e.g. graywater, treated sewage for drinking etc. and the question would suit those who had done those treatments.

I tried to emphasize how the sewerage is all good after filtration and is sort of 'reused' as it goes back into the natural environment, as opposed to say, just dumping it, but I'm not sure if this is really recycling.
ya i just talked bout how the water is reused after mining to water replanted natives.... not really recycling

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
That was almost delightfully okay, actually. The extended response for Oceanography was exactly the same as the one we'd gotten both as a homework assignment and an extended response in our Trials. (THANK YOU MISS COTTER) This, of course, means I was able to write everything and only what I needed for it xD And if I hadn't had to add two whole rows onto the graph paper thingey to make my nice neat scale fit, I would have had more than the half-hour I had at the end left over xD

There was one shitty thing, though - half-way through, out of the blue, there was this MASSIVE crack of thunder. It scared the pants off me (well, all of us; I swear we all jumped three feet), and then it just randomly started raining, and then ANOTHER MASSIVE thunder crack. Talk about hyperventilationly distraction!

foxtale

Yeah, well we were in the room next to the bell. Every 52 minutes, brrrring. Bloody loud and distracting.

And the Introduced Species graph needed an extra 3 lines on the X axis and 2 lines on the Y. But if you use more than 50% of the graph, than you're okay, so I just halfed the size.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Haha, your school still has bells? We got rid of ours YEARRS ago xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)