General university questions - help needed (1 Viewer)

Jimmy2064

HSC
Okay so basically I got accepted into Commerce/Science at Macquarie beginning next year (I took a gap year this year), however I'm not sure if I'll cope with the double degree, and I don't know anyone with previous experience to ask. I'm planning on giving it a shot - however commerce related maths I'm not greatly interested in (and if not interested I usually won't bother trying) so if I want to drop the commerce half of my degree is that a difficult or easy process in first year? Also could I drop that and pick up international relations?

I'm a bit lost on all the university details, credit points, GPA and what not.. Should I know this all now or will I pick it up at uni?

Lastly, I'm from near Newcastle so planning to stay on-campus for first year, could anyone suggest the best place to stay on campus? I'm applying at Dunmore Lang as it includes food, internet etc for $440 a week but is there any better options? I kind of want the best party/social college as well. If say after first year I want to transfer to Newcastle Uni is that a good chance on the assumption I have a good 'credit average' or GPA (whatever they are lol).

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Combining with commerce almost always reduces your work load - I wouldn't worry about it.

You'll learn about GPA, credit points etc. in due time. Transferring between courses and/or unis is all fairly straight forward and majority of courses don't have very demanding requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)