geo catholic trial (1 Viewer)

smalec

hey....so what did u guys think??
not too bad i thought, excpet for the fact that i have shit time management skills and have definitely stuffed up some of the essays coz i wrote 2 in 40mins....hmmmm, u'd think i would've learned by now...

but... thats the trials finished....now for the results...haha, now there's something to look forward to...

not.

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
hey all

hey evryone i liked the exam, i thought it was a really good paper.
the essays were heaps good:

1) the social, environmental and economic impacts of an economic activity

2)mgt of tw ecosystems at risk (on from the broadsheet and the other from our own knowledge)

3) challenges facing mega cities

i wrote soooooo much, but i was running out of time

i wrote 3, 4 and six pages

short answer was good and the skills section was classic!!! overall i loved the paper!!

what did u guys think

cheers

Coffee Fan

y2j

Essays were ok, our question 19 was changed as we didnt have enough info yet so i sepnt most of my time on that 1.

Skills was shit easy and the short answer was as well however i didnt have enough itme to finish it off.

Matt

What type of skills were there and what were the short answer questions?

melissella

skills were really hard- mostly to do with the maps and calculations- i mean, wtf, its more maths than it is geo gaddmmit.

who hasnt done their trial yet? i know people dont even start until next week and later

Matt

Our short answer questions were something about Management Strategies and methodologies. And as far as the skills go, we had to do latitude/longitude, population density, photgraphic skills, statistics, weather maps etc. Does this sound like the catholic trial coz i dont know if I did the catholic or not.

Matt

R u sure it's not the catholic trial?? For Sec II it had something to do with a geographical issue, spot the height/gradient, bearing etc. And look at the Topo map to find a geograhical issue and so on.

All geo exams have that for question two.
But the mulitple choice didn't have lat and longitude.... but apart from that it sounds right.

How come you didn't know what it was? Don't your teachers tell you and it says it on the front!

Matt

I didn't look on the front...lol...umm for longitude/latitude i mean like area and grid references. does that sound right?

Rogan

Geography was easy i finished it 30 minutes early :D and if HSC is easier than trials then i dont need to study for geo but i still will study

Rogan

Re: hey all

Originally posted by Coffee_Fan
hey evryone i liked the exam, i thought it was a really good paper.
the essays were heaps good:

1) the social, environmental and economic impacts of an economic activity

2)mgt of tw ecosystems at risk (on from the broadsheet and the other from our own knowledge)

3) challenges facing mega cities

i wrote soooooo much, but i was running out of time

i wrote 3, 4 and six pages

short answer was good and the skills section was classic!!! overall i loved the paper!!

what did u guys think

cheers

Yep i did the exact same shit exact same essays it was easy geo was my best exam

Coffee Fan

mjor

Rogan if you finished a subject with 3 extended responses 30 minutes early it is showing that you did not know enough to spend all your available time writing, and so maximise the marks that you can get. I would be studying for the proper if i were you

Rogan

Originally posted by mjor
Rogan if you finished a subject with 3 extended responses 30 minutes early it is showing that you did not know enough to spend all your available time writing, and so maximise the marks that you can get. I would be studying for the proper if i were you

Hey mjor i got my results back yesterday i got 70% for geo exam :D

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hehe.. i dunno.. but prob not even 70%

i got my multiple choice section bak and thats it..
i got 11/15... hehe ;)

Rogan

Originally posted by lazychic
hehe.. i dunno.. but prob not even 70%

i got my multiple choice section bak and thats it..
i got 11/15... hehe ;)
I got 10/15 for multiple choice i think everyone got the same the difference in marks in my class is not much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)