German Pop (1 Viewer)

hannah_ryan

HSC
I find a good way to do nothing while calling it studying is to listen to German Pop. While a lot of it is bad (Tokio Hotel, anyone?) I love singing along to all of it, mainly because it makes me feel smarter than singing along to English Pop.

So, these are the artists I have:
  • Annett Louisan
  • Rosenstolz
  • Alvarez & Heppner
  • Fettes Brot
  • Herbert Kah
  • Juli
  • Marlon
  • Phillipe
  • Rapsoul
  • Revolverheld
  • Seeed
  • Tokio Hotel
  • Wir Sind Helden
  • Wolfgang Petry
But if anyone knows any other bands or singers I'd be glad to hear them. And also if anyone knows the artist behind the song about the world cup (maybe it was called 54 78 06 or something similar) that was being played a lot this year, I'd like to know!

Dragonfyre

HSC
I don't really like Tokio Hotel. Especially "Schrei". Wir Sind Helden rock though! ^^

Another singer is Nena. She sang "99 Luftballons" (I think that is the spelling), but she has now made a comeback. Die Ärtze are another group.

Haha! That song was all over the radio in Germany during the World Cup. *was there* It is sung by Sportfreunde Stiller. Instead of singing 2006 now they sing 2010. They had the new version on the radio the day after the game, if not before. O.O

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Actually Nena had a great album back in the late 1980's. "99 Luftballon" was on that album along with a heap of other great hits - "Leuchtturm" comes to mind.

Herbert Grönemeyer is great too. When I studied German we studied songs and his were fantastic.

My young son is rather partial to "Schnappi" (Iris Grittmann) as well. :D

cuppas

Apprentice Mechanic
HSC
ever tried listening to german hiphop? 'fremd in eigenen land' by advanced chemistry was apparently a meaningful song, we heard it in german ext
also, im not sure if i spelled it right, im bottom of the class XD

Dragonfyre

HSC
It could be "Fremd im eigenem Land", but I don't know... I haven't heard it. I think it would work well in Ext. if the text mirrors the title. Extension is all about that stuff.

jesswah

HSC
hello, >studying german beginners for the HSC< i listen to most of the bands listed above but i also listen to:

Tictactoe
Fler
Sido
Raptile
Toten Hosen
Seed
Xavier Naido
Rammstein
& Eisbrecher (they are like Rammstein)
:santa:
Jess

Peartie

HSC
I think Scooter is German - but have Some English songs...not too sure...my exchange student loves them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)