GET AHEAD- Holiday acceleration course (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm George and I graduated this year from a selective school with an ATAR of 99.95 :)

Quite a few people (not from BOS) asked me to do a holiday acceleration course for their subs so I thought I’d also offer something similar here in case people are interested.

What:
- We’ll go ahead of school and cut the crap -> anything not needed won’t be taught
- I emphasise understanding because in the long run, that makes everything heaps easier
- We’ll focus heaps on exam technique because that’s the difference between a 90 and 95 in a sub -> there’s no point knowing everything if you can only write to a 4/6 level in the exam
- I'll give you guys a complete set of sexy notes as well as analysis on some past HSC questions (with random pointers and exam techinque and stuff chucked in at relevant points). Then before exams, you can also read over those and you should be sweet. I've got heaps of random resources (from notes to tips from senior HSC markers to trials from literally every selective school in NSW) so bring a USB as well and I'll hook you up.

Where, when, how much:
- PM me- we’ll negotiate that later if you’re interested
- It’d be best to have small groups so you can support each other and have discussion etc. but not too big that it becomes impersonal. Probs the best would be is if you made a small group with mates from school but otherwise I can try and form a BOS group depending on interest.

Credentials:
- My current students say I'm very good so hopefully this trend can continue =)
- I just finished HSC this year and got an ATAR of 99.95
- I’ve been offered jobs at numerous tutoring colleges (and also have interviews at a few more to go) though I’ll probably turn down most of them because private tutoring is more fun and flexible =)
- A lot of random stuff like being shortlisted for or receiving numerous scholarship, high distinctions in every competition I entered in year 12 (maths comp, rio tinto big science, chemistry comp and a few more but I forgot haha)
- My subject marks were:
Chem- 96
Economics- 97
English- 94
Maths Extension 1- 99
Maths Extension 2- 96
Physics- 96

Subjects: Again, whatever people are interested in (except English because that pisses me off and I'm not confident in my ability to help you guys effectively). For phys/chem people, I recommend you check this out too: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=296338

Anyway, PM me if you’re interested and we’ll sort something out that works for everyone. Either way, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK guys with year 12- hope you all rip shit up

My number is 0451 391 638 so you can text/call me if you want as well

Cheers,
George :)

Update: I've probs still got room for a few more people for the holidays because I've got heaps of time this January haha. If you are after just regular tutoring (i.e. not just holiday stuff but more long term), then PM me as well and we should hopefully be able to sort something out.

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Someone asked for proof of ranks so this is a screenie from students online:

Right now I've had a bit of interest for economics and for chemistry so I should be able to form a BOS thingo definitely for those two but I'm still more than happy to do the other subs.

Aysce

HSC
Deswa explains concepts really well to me and helps clarifies the intricate details of the problems I message him, in which I am able to understand fully what happens. His patience and willingness to help ANYONE is a highly valuable trait of a successful tutor. Not only that, he is clearly an intelligent guy and I believe he will be a very dedicated and excellent tutor!

:)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Deswa1 is an absolute legend guys! Knowing him personally, he's seriously good at all his subjects and very easy to communicate with - you never feel like it's an exceedingly strict study environment when discussing anything study related with him or when he's helping you out.

Specifically with Economics, he has in depth knowledge on many out of syllabus areas too and is able to link the course well together, so he'd really help you understand the course in a more holistic manner.

For Phys/Chem, he knows exactly what is needed to secure full marks in those longer 5+ markers so you'd be set there too.

And given that he's managed to balance his subjects and do well in all of them, he's obviously very good at efficiently managing his study time.

WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND! GET IN BEFORE HE'S FULL GUYS!

Last edited:

Siddy123

HSC
I would definitely recommend Deswa1 to ANYONE who is undertaking the subjects offered. He has helped me on countless occasions with questions from a range of subjects in a clear, logical and understanding manner.

As opposed to memorising or rote-learning concepts and ideas, he stresses the importance of a clear understanding of that topic in order to possess the skills to apply the knowledge learnt from him, to all exam situations, maximising results.

Being a 2012 HSC graduate himself, many skills regarding time management and balance throughout the HSC will most definitely be of great use to potential students. His ability to allow students to develop a genuine interest and passion for the subject studied, is one not found at other tutors.

His familiarity with and understanding of the syllabus and requirements for the courses offered is of an exceptionally high level, having recently graduated, as opposed to tutors with a "rusty" understanding of the course.

Deswa1 is not only a highly regarded academic, he is also a person of great character and personality.

Last edited:

kazemagic

HSC
Deswa is really approachable and nice too. Conclusion: Sexy guy

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Judging from BoS deswa is a very knowledgable person with considerable academic prowess and also the ability to relate and communicate these concepts effectively when helping others, which he has often done with success. Also, having met him irl he is also very personable and a cool guy :)

enoilgam

HSC
Deswa1 is an absolute legend guys! Knowing him personally, he's seriously good at all his subjects and very easy to communicate with - you never feel like it's an exceedingly strict study environment when discussing anything study related with him or when he's helping you out.

Specifically with Economics, he has in depth knowledge on many out of syllabus areas too and is able to link the course well together, so he'd really help you understand the course in a more holistic manner.

For Phys/Chem, he knows exactly what is needed to secure full marks in those longer 5+ markers so you'd be set there too.

And given that he's managed to balance his subjects and do well in all of them, he's obviously very good at efficiently managing his study time.

Couldnt agree more with this - deswa1 really knows his stuff and is a great communicator. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to take their marks to the next level.

Magical Kebab

HSC

+1

deswa1

HSC
Thanks heaps guys for all the above- it means a lot <3

I've had quite a bit of interest for different subjects so that's good =) I've noticed most people seem to want 1-1 tutoring -> I'm more than happy to do this but obviously it'll be a bit more expensive than if it was a group of say two or three (where you could split the cost more).

And I'm now thinking of doing something on JUST exam technique. Basically, what I'd want you to do is send me some sample before the lesson of a recent test so I can see your exam writing technique etc. so I know where you're at and then on the day, go through and explain what the markers are looking for and how to nail the questions so you get the marks. So obviously I'll give examples of nice answers and structure etc. and then I'll get you to do questions and we'll work through some of them together and others you can go solo and I'll give tips and criticisms so by the end you should be set for getting the marks you deserve. For eco, the big thing is essay writing technique- I'll go through how to get the high range marks (I'll make copies of my trial essays and assessment tasks- all 20's) and hopefully I'll have my HSC essays and responses by then (though obviously I don't know what I got for those yet hahaha).

deswa1

HSC
Update: I've probs still got room for a few more people for the holidays because I've got heaps of time this January haha. If you are after just regular tutoring (i.e. not just holiday stuff but more long term), then PM me as well and we should hopefully be able to sort something out.

deswa1

HSC
I went through some of the state ranking notes I have as well as all the past HSC's today and prepped the material for chem-> if you want to see a sample of the stuff I'll give you, just PM me your email/FB =)

Essentially, my goal is to teach you and get you to understand everything during the sessions we have together but also to get to take home a complete set of sexy notes as well as analysis on some past HSC questions (with random pointers and exam technique stuff etc. chucked in at relevant points). Then before exams, you can also read over those and you should hopefully be sweet. I've got heaps of random resources (from notes to tips from senior HSC markers to trials from literally every selective school in NSW) so bring a USB as well and I'll hook you up.

seanieg89

HSC
Intelligent guy with a MUCH better ability to communicate than most people who are as good as him. Recommended!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)