• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Getting a Job. Before Hsc or after Hsc (3 Viewers)

conics2008

HSC
Hey im thinking of getting a job again, but im confused should i get a job before hsc begins or after.. when is the best time to start hunting down jobs.

can you list me some good times or places where i can find some good decent paying jobs. please no fast food lol..

im happy working in supermarkets that is coles,wollies etc etc..

Thanks for your input.

calagain

Banned
HSC
big w pays really, really well but for the love of god DON'T WORK THERE IT'S FUCKING AWFUL, it is the most mundane shit ever and it makes you want to hang yourself.

and it will be easier to find one now than after the hsc when thousands of people have finished school and need work before uni/whatever.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Wait till after, there are always jobs part time jobs around. Big W is a good place to work and its not that boring.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
You should start applying before HSC ends. After HSC there are thousands of kids looking for jobs and its really hard to get one. If you apply a few months before, just say that you can only start on 'so and so' date but you are more likely to be considered.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
seano77 said:
Big W is a good place to work and its not that boring.
hahahaha

not quite what i've heard!

calagain

Banned
HSC
don't make me upload my "horrors of big w" picture folder sean

HSC
You can apply now, and start now, but you would have to be really honest about your availabilities upon applying.
I know that my manager (i work at woolworths) is willing to hire people who are in year 12 who are upfront about their availabilities (and will roster around such availabilities), than accomodate people who change their availability at first opportunity.

michael1990

HSC
If i were you.
I would look for a job now, work weekends and friday nights if applicable.

Or

Wait till after the HSC and go for a job then.

HSC
get a job if you have time management skills if not then forget about it.
go for woolies in the produce section, all you do is stack apples and sweep lettuce bits on the floor for 5 hours.

conics2008

HSC
thanks for the help guys, hey i used to work, but the reason i quit was because of the hsc, plus i dont like working in a fast food shop. It wasn't because of the money, it was just like taking too much time off my hand.

How about after the trials, i get a good paying job. can you recommend me some good paying job beside picking up lettuce bits on the floor " thatsmystpaler" and that guy who got promoted to drinks.

HSC
i already have a job, probably work more than i should, ive worked at coles since the end of yr 10... and after hte hsc i'll actually be quitting my job to go overseas lol

HSC
conics2008 said:
How about after the trials, i get a good paying job. can you recommend me some good paying job beside picking up lettuce bits on the floor " thatsmystpaler" and that guy who got promoted to drinks.
hahah its bludgey alrighttt. well woolies is around the average pay for your age, if not more. so good luck finding a good paying job :rolleyes:

conics2008

HSC
hmm somewhere around 15+ p/h .. because my old job paid the same thing.

I'm 18, so you look at the minimum wage..

is it hard applying for wollies,coles etc etc....

HSC
no - you usually do it online its easy as.

i think 18 yr olds at my work get paid $13 and some cents lol

i get paid $11 and some cents... more on sundays and public holidays...

conics2008

HSC
aussie^^

where do you work ???

wtf 13.. I rather work as a rubbish cleaner they get paid more. Its true.

conics2008

HSC
wow i woudn't mind working at coles.

You have alot of career opportunity. The pay for the love of GOD, how old are you ??

11 bucks com'on.. not cool... i rather go back to mac's and still get paid more. wow never knew mac's are better paying then coles.

HSC
i thought maccas paid worse.... i'm 17. i used to get $8 something when i was 15 lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)