Getting ready for year 11 English (1 Viewer)

ColdMint123

HSC
Hellooo,
So as we all know school just ended. I failed miserably in English this year but did alright in other subjects. I want to obviously use these holidays to work on my English and feel more confident about it going into year 11. Anyone have any advice or tips on how i can improve over the holidays?
Thank yoooouuu

Cherrybomb56

HSC
Hellooo,
So as we all know school just ended. I failed miserably in English this year but did alright in other subjects. I want to obviously use these holidays to work on my English and feel more confident about it going into year 11. Anyone have any advice or tips on how i can improve over the holidays?
Thank yoooouuu
I think so you do some sample writing for the holidays and then show a teacher so she could edit it for you. Revise and improve your vocab. if you know what text your studying next year then read it and try to get a good basis for it so you know what's happening and won't be behind your class. Do some of your sample year 10 exams and retry them. just keep practising. You can do it :) Btw what English are you intending to take for next year.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Personally I didn’t do anything for any HSC subject in the year 10 and I turned out fine. Now I didn’t get a band 6 in English but I improved from getting low 50s to an 85 so here’s my 2 cents.

As suggested by Cherrybomb I would recommend going over your year 10 stuff. Figuring out why your not doing so well and revise up on your techniques or essay structure/style etc. if you have your year 10 papers you could try and resit them and identify how you do better every time etc etc. Small things that will add up and help you do better in year 11. Of course you must amp this up when year 11 actually starts and study harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)