got into a uai 80 course with a 68.5 (1 Viewer)

Line|z0r

fuck yeh.

my uai: 68.5

required uai for bachelor of business at griffith uni (gold coast) : 80

end result: i got an offer.

summary: fuck the uai system, i win!

A

assman

bandito said:
fuck yeh.

thats not something to be proud of

S

Sheehan :)

bandito said:
fuck yeh.

your so stupid..........how the fuck could you get 68.wateva .................fuk u

Tabris

HSC
bandito said:
fuck yeh.

I would be proud of that, i would also consider myself very lucky

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
So if my UAI is less than the cut off of my desired course but demand was very low, does that mean that could I still get into that course because of the low demand even though my UAI is less than the cut-off?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Rayanaldo said:
So if my UAI is less than the cut off of my desired course but demand was very low, does that mean that could I still get into that course because of the low demand even though my UAI is less than the cut-off?
yes...........

Plebeian

Rayanaldo said:
If there is less demand, the UAI cutoff will be lower. There is no way of getting into a course if you have a UAI lower than the cutoff (except access schemes and such), because the UAI cutoff is the UAI of the last person who was offered a place. If the UAI is less than last year's cutoff though, there is still a chance you will get in this year because if demand goes down, then the cutoff will too. Cutoffs are not predefined by the universities.

alex_c86

HSC
yeh im confused too, the official 2005 cut-off for my first preference course this yr was 81.40 (this is on the 2005 hecs cutoff file on the uac website) yet with my uai of 77.45, i still managed to get a place, even though im not on access or eas scheme... neone got any ideas on how this happened?

alex_c86

HSC
yeh but i thought that the 2005 cut-offs published in the dt and on the uac website was the uai of the lowest candidate to get into the course, so if my uai is 77.45 and i got an offer, shouldnt the official cut-off for 2005 be 77.45 not 81.40?

Aussiechick

HSC
I'm in the same confusion. The 2005 UAI cut off for my course was 81, but I got 73.75, which means even though I get an extra 3 points for being a local, I'm still under 81. I don't know how it happened, I'm just glad it did :D

alex_c86

HSC
oh really? what uni was that for? cos mines for sydney, and they dont give any extra points for being a local or nething

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)