grey background in pdf (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Please help.. ive tried everything i can think of. Every pdf document i print out (journal articles mainly) has the background a really light grey and doesn't reach the edges of the page... this never used to happen. Its a waste of ink and is giving me the shits.

Is there anything i can do? I have v7.0 if that helps. Thanks :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
In those pdfs you tested, have you tried printing off pdfs made from word documents?

I ask this because, some journal articles are actually just scanned in photos, and they may be the cause of the problem.

Have you changed any preferences or settings? Maybe a reinstall? Without being able to reproduce it, I haz little to no idea unfortunately :)

bao28

HSC
toners are nice, doesnt matter even if u print a page of BLACK, cuz its a toner, duno why my retard brother bought a ink-jet and QQing about me wasting the ink, sif man lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks for your utterly useless contribution.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
AsyLum said:
In those pdfs you tested, have you tried printing off pdfs made from word documents?

I ask this because, some journal articles are actually just scanned in photos, and they may be the cause of the problem.

Have you changed any preferences or settings? Maybe a reinstall? Without being able to reproduce it, I haz little to no idea unfortunately :)
Thanks for your reply :)

I haven't changed anything as far as im aware.. and the same documents print fine at uni. They look too straight to be scans lol... But lecturers put up ppt handouts as pdf (not scans either) and the same thing happens.. here is a preview (that grey behind the document comes out as white on the printout and the white of the document is the really light grey):

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
might be ur print settings.. I usually change them to the default if that happens...

in terms of journal articles... i sometimes try another PDF reader..

foxit
or
PDFX-change

but thats just me

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can you take a screen of your Advanced Print Setup > Marks and Bleeds dialog box?

(Accessed when you click advanced on the "Print" dialog)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm so that was ticked?

Mine showed up a different dialog actually haha, but was that the cause?

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Yeah it was ticked automatically, and is every time i open a document. I dont know if you meant 'case' cos i still cant determine whether thats the cause of it. I played around with some settings like fit to page and changed the paper size but still no difference. None of the colours in the colour settings seem to relate either.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh, try unticking it before printing.

It's not ticked on mine by default.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
If the PDFs were made from scans then its probably printing the colour it scanned the paper as. You need to use OCR (optical charecter recognition) software.

You can buy the latest version of adobe or google 'free ocr pdf"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sandchairs said:
If the PDFs were made from scans then its probably printing the colour it scanned the paper as. You need to use OCR (optical charecter recognition) software.

You can buy the latest version of adobe or google 'free ocr pdf"

I haven't changed anything as far as im aware.. and the same documents print fine at uni. They look too straight to be scans lol... But lecturers put up ppt handouts as pdf (not scans either) and the same thing happens.. here is a preview (that grey behind the document comes out as white on the printout and the white of the document is the really light grey):
Helps to read.

Sandchairs

Shoopin Da Woop
HSC
thnx for the update. In that case i have no idea. Use whiteout on the printout then scratch out the indivual letters with a fine tipped knife

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Unticked the box and it made no difference. So i d/l the new version and also doesnt make any difference.

I would say its something to do with my printer settings :( *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)