Guy's new video clip (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by narrator
btw, the album is said to be very bad, written mainly by mark holden (should be a storng enough clue to the horridness of it)

oh, and guy is shocking at miming, at least get the words right for your clip mate
guy is shocking at miming! at least we know he's been singing on all the shows.

and the album should be ok... guy has chosen his own songs, asked for different ones if he didn' tlike them, and has written 1 and co written 2 others. i think it will be good.

Originally posted by Fry
just because the really shit song 'rise up' went to no.1 doesnt mean its good.
yeah it's because it's from a tv show. have you seen the other things that have gone to number one?

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Yeah, Shannon's vid clip's images were in a mag. Still it wasn't great but you wouldn't laugh at it.
Yeah, they should have used the live one for the clip.
Mark Holden writing most of the songs?...........no comment. Haven't listened to the songs and prolly not planning.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Actually, i heard that they're gonna release Shannon's stuff cos everythings done and it's a watse.

2 clips?

narrator

HSC
N/A
"you've got to shutup and slap mark holden"

what, you mean those aren't the lyrics? and the song's actually called rise up?

it's not that difficult to get a number one in aus, a couple of thousand copies'll get u there most weeks, plus the charts are badly done here, it's not based on actual sales but on how many copies are shipped out.

that's why rise up was listed as number one before it was even released, they had shipped out thousands of copies.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
Just watched guy's video today. What the f***???? His voice is clearly amazing but the video is such a let down. Anyone could have created a far better video then what BMG churned out. yeech... thankfully his voice isn't tainted.

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i think they did it in 1 day
does ne body no the average time 4 a good video clip, im thinkin a few weeks

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
ohh k, i went overboard, i was thinkin of a really good clip, not a normal 1, u know the 1's wit special effects and stuff

Sam

samboh
HSC
u can download it off kazaa...

ah the joys of file-sharing.....

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I dare say that for Guy's video, if they asked anyone on this board to do it, we'll still make a better one than the current one!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well i only just saw it and i think it's supposed to look homemade. the first half anyway seems like they are not making the clip yet, that he just decided to begin singing of his own accord, and so therefore it looks homemade. however, the part when he is in the white suit is the 'video clip' part, and that isn't 100% professional in itself. i think it's ok, but not the best

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
the clip looks pretty gay lol, but who cares.... i guess i did have SOME expectations for it, after all the hype, but nyah it's just a video clip :p

Karlee

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Guy and Aus Idol... but you need to take into consideration the fact that they had to make TWO video clips... one for Guy, one for Shannon. That's probably why it looks budget.. basically cos it is, they had to do it on half the budget of a normal clip.

poo_cow

Yes they did have to make 2 clips...but they also had a 1 million dollar budget! Thats 500K per clip...and personally I dont think they got their moneys worth! Now I luv Guys voice...and the song is gorgeous...but the clip is just crap! He looks like a loser. The shirt with the zipper...cmon wtf is going on there! And whenever he does his fro it looks good...in the clip it looks awful...and dont even get me started on the fluffy chick...RANDOM! Lets hope the next clip for his next single is better than that!

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I finally saw the film clip...I don't see what all the fuss is about, its not that bad. You'd think they would have gone to more trouble seeings as the song was so hyped up...but meh, I guess they didn't care. Although I must admit that Guy looks like an absolute tool in it.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by poo_cow
Yes they did have to make 2 clips...but they also had a 1 million dollar budget! Thats 500K per clip...and personally I dont think they got their moneys worth! Now I luv Guys voice...and the song is gorgeous...but the clip is just crap! He looks like a loser. The shirt with the zipper...cmon wtf is going on there! And whenever he does his fro it looks good...in the clip it looks awful...and dont even get me started on the fluffy chick...RANDOM! Lets hope the next clip for his next single is better than that!
Haha. 500k per clip? Yeah right. A video clip that has a budget of 50k is an expensive videoclip. Even though I don't follow Idol at all, I know there is no way in hell they woulda been 500k on a videoclip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)