Gwen Harwood (1 Viewer)

mossieman

HSC
Seeing as there is no Harwood post, what poems did you use? I used Prize-Giving, The Glass Jar and Father and Child

- Insomniac! -

HSC
I used the Glass Jar and Father and Child...nearly every student in my year did that! I really liked the question too, it was just easy to answer in general! I'm really happy with the HSC exam papers so far, I'm hoping the rest will be like these past two english papers!

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i used the glass jar, prizegiving and at mornington and argued from both a christian and feminist perspective. This question was like most gwen harwood questions, nice and open and good, i thought it was fair.

welchy24

HSC
I used "PRIZE GIVING" "FATHER AND CHILD" and "AT MORNINGTON"

Olympus15

HSC
Just a qu... what did you guys interpret by "ideas", my firends thought ideas referred to alternate readings, whereas i thought it had more to do with those recurring Harwood themes of memory, childhood innocence etc.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Olympus15 said:
Just a qu... what did you guys interpret by "ideas", my firends thought ideas referred to alternate readings, whereas i thought it had more to do with those recurring Harwood themes of memory, childhood innocence etc.
I think both would be acceptable so long as you argued your case well. I did different readings

Olympus15

HSC
-may-cat- said:
I think both would be acceptable so long as you argued your case well. I did different readings
cool. I said that the readings where as a result of the ideas, so i think i had it all

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
i did Alter ego and glass jar.. farrout i sighed in relief when they didn't specify a poem... Phew~~

i wud hab liked Gwen Harwood better without BOS's complete BS and fabrication same goes for any text BOS decides to ruin for future generations...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sxciris89 said:
i did Alter ego and glass jar.. farrout i sighed in relief when they didn't specify a poem... Phew~~

i wud hab liked Gwen Harwood better without BOS's complete BS and fabrication same goes for any text BOS decides to ruin for future generations...
omg tell me about it, i was so scared they were gonna ask for a poem i didnt no

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
At morningtion and Prize-giving, talked about autobiblopgrahpical, Freudian and Feminist perspectives

imqt

Premium Member
HSC
glass jar
and alter ego
so glad they didnt specify a poem

Kujah

HSC
N/A
At Mornington and the Violets. Really good question, allowed me to explore the concepts well.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
krazedrealitii said:
Father and Child and At Mornington.

So many people used F&C!!
cuz father and child is a double poem, u dont have to study heaps and heaps of poems but still have sound knowledge

samwell

HSC
Olympus15 said:
cool. I said that the readings where as a result of the ideas, so i think i had it all
Me 2 prize Giving was essentially the best one to use. Glass Jar was also gud. I incoporated my critcal reading and personal perspective with the ideas of Childhood innocence,Growth and the strong feminist ideas of Prize giving and youth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)