gym and hsc? (1 Viewer)

Super Saiyan

HSC
How can I manage gym and HSC? I started lifting about four months ago and made noticable progress lifting 5 times per week. But with HSC about three weeks away i'm thinking about if I should stop, I want to know if i'll lose progress and fuck up my gains with no lifting for about 4 weeks. What do you guys recommend? My workouts are usually 1.5 hrs.
edit: I want to get a good atar.

Super Saiyan

HSC
I do the Ice Cream Fitness programme but In two of the four rest days I do only cardio since I have to train for athletics.

Flop21

HSC
Cut workouts to 30 or 40 minutes. Cut them down to 3 days a week as well. Bam, you've got a reasonable fitness/workout schedule and easy to fit around your study schedule.

Exercise is needed and good for you ^ those are the standard minimum hours of exercise.

You might have to cut your losses a bit and just accept you may "loose your gains" a little bit during these last 2-3 weeks of the HSC. You've got ages after the HSC to make up for it.

Super Saiyan

HSC
1.5 hrs to 30mins!? Not gonna happen lol, I'm thinking of maybe doing my cardio on the same day, morning and afternoon.

calamebe

HSC
1.5 hrs to 30mins!? Not gonna happen lol, I'm thinking of maybe doing my cardio on the same day, morning and afternoon.
It's your choice, but a couple weeks with less exercise than usual won't have much of an impact and you wont lose muscle, rather you will just plateau. The HSC is pretty important, so I'd advise for the next couple of weeks, study more, exercise less, and then after the HSC everything can go back to normal.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Don't worry, you won't lose your "gains", lol, as long as you maintain your diet it's all good. There's also something called muscle memory so it's not like you'll lose your gains and you have to start all over again.

Chris_S

HSC
Reversibility may take place you don't want that lol! Just utilise your time the best possible to fit it in but fitting in study as well as priority.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
someone already mentioned that you should reduce your workout duration. I feel like you have lots of long breaks during your workout, thus why you go for 1.5 hrs. Reducing not only lessens the time but also forces you to increase the intensity due to the short duration, which increases fat burn as the heart is beating at a much faster pace. Also, the intensity forces more muscle tissue to be engaged to deal with the strain and thus more muscle is torn, increasing gains

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
lel 1.5hr workouts, inb4 u do 15reps a set

srs answer: focus on main lifts(inb4 whats main lifts) 3 times week 30min workout to sustain gains
mfw u actually do cardio must be faggot

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
lol u do way way too much shit per session, should rly be doing mainly 3-5 exercises a workout with 1 of the main lifts

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
^^
Plus by working out 5 days, you dont even allow for your muscles to recover which actually prevents you from gaining

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
^^
Plus by working out 5 days, you dont even allow for your muscles to recover which actually prevents you from gaining
u can work out 5 days without muscle fatigue if u split up body regions, however he does full body workouts all the time

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
I do athletics too and my running schedule hasn't changed all year, with 1-2 hours a session 6 times a week. As long as you manage your time wisely throughout the day 1.5 hours won't set you back. Realistically, you have something like 15 waking hours. Having only 13.5 of them available to study is not a set back.

(Disclaimer: Don't do 13.5 hours study a (-w-e-e-k-) day you'll die wallah. Eat and take breaks obz)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)