Hair extensions (1 Viewer)

HorrorOfBeauty

HSC
Does anyone know of anywhere in Sydney that does hair extensions by weaving them? I'd really appreciate it, thanks =) xxx

blacksunset

HSC
don't get them put in with glue or weaving or whatever
they are a shit job - they fall out, they get stuck and shit and it costs a stack to get them redone every year

get clip in ones..
u can get them from anywhere like hairhouse warehouse or whatever real hair for around 250 bucks - they will last u heaps longer.. and theyre real so u can curl straighten dye whatever
i have them and theyre heaps better my friend whos a hairdresser got them put in the glue ones and ripped them out they were so bad
xx

CieL

HSC
What's the process of weaving like?

Isnt there this one in which they use a hairdryer to heat the "fake hair" and it seals around your real hair or some shit

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
fake hair is shit.

rock your natural hair, even if it's short.

get a groovy cut, and be different, rather than cookie-cutter-layered-nipple-length hair that everyone and their dog has.

weaves, extentions, hair-pieces, funky-jessica-simpson-hairclips are so obvious and ugly. keep the short hair...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
CieL said:
What's the process of weaving like?

Isnt there this one in which they use a hairdryer to heat the "fake hair" and it seals around your real hair or some shit
i know nothing about extensions, but that sounds like glueing them on.

HSC
i'd like to get those clip in extensions. what kind of hair shops/warehouses can u get them from? Price attack? Are these the real hair ones that you can straighten and curl?

CieL

HSC
Uh. Don't get those gay extensions which you clip on yourself.. I'm sure there's some other one which professionals do for you..

I've seen girls on the streets with a random chunk of coloured "hair" clipped on.. and it looks sooo dodgy when you can see the clip..

I reckon shoulder length is the biggest bitch.. I remember mine used to curl outwards or upwards when they dry on my shoulders lol

Short hair is awesome.. I don't know how they do it, but something like Ruby's hair.. that's hot.. you know, when it somehow defies gravity and flares out

blacksunset

HSC
get the clip on ones from professional salons.. they sell them - do not get synthetic they are the ones u buy cheaply and u need to know how top put them in so u dont see the clip
i wear them - u can see in the formal dress section how much or whatever it is there is a pic of me in my dress i have extensions in there u cant tell
u buy ones to match your hair colour..
and yes the clip in ones u get real ones that u can curl and straighten and shit
price attack wouldnt have them probably.. u must check that they are real EUROPEAN hair - asian hair has a different folicle and u cant use it..
so ask places like hairhouse warehouse if u have that in nsw? or any hairdresser... have a look around.
girls who have the clips showing obviously have no idea how to put them in...
xxx

ccalpito89

HSC
First of all! i hate the weaving!!!!!! at first you're like whoaa its so cool, etc.

but having to maintain it its soo ughs. !!!

lol i had my boyfriend cut it out of my hair because it just got so annoying, i drew a line on a piece of paper and made him cut it to see if i could trust him with it, thank god my friends intervened!

but thats just personal choice, if you really like weaving, theres great weavers at bankstown costs around depending on length $150-250 at various hairdressers near bankstown station.

The way to go is clip in human hair extensions which is what i'm getting from my formal, i'm purchasing them of ebay, but i went to go look at the stock in granville, was okay. She charges $130 for 14 pieces which is fullhead or something.

Its remy hair, which is supposedly the best hair extensions.
price attack hair warehouse etc, are too expensive because they're selling it in orderto make profit. People of ebay are the wholesalers, in which those salons would purchase it.

xxxoxoxoxo good lucK!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ROCK YOUR SHORT HAIR GIRLS......

...if you need help with how to style short hair/mid length hair, PM me or ruby and we can tell you how (we both have awesome short haircuts.)

DONT GET FAKE HAIR GLUED ON YOUR ACTUAL HAIR YOU SLAG!

lucytoon

HSC
N/A
Hi I think clip ins are a good way to see if hair extensions are any good for you, before getting permanent ones of any style. Its alot of money to go spend if you want to get rid of them the following week.

I have bought from boutique hair extensions & I was really happy with them.

http://www.boutiquehairextensions.com.au

Last edited:

Isabel2008

HSC
I just posted in the other hair extension forum, I'll just copy what I wrote :rolleyes:

Clip ins are a good way to go but they're almost as expensive as real ones !!

Oh no don't use boutique hair !!! I bought from them and I spoke to a model who bought from them also, there's only one person in the business who runs it from home and she's so unprofessional :uhoh: my order took weeks to arrive and the hair was horrible and chunky, they only lasted a couple of weeks ... her video on her website should've warned me off, she can't even clip hair ! grr I'm so mad I wasted my money ...

Good news is I've spoken to a couple of models who use Salon Hair Extensions www.salonhair.com.auand one of the girls has been using them for years and says they're so professional, and cheap !! I called them and spoke to this girl who knew sooo much about hair extensions ... I received my order Friday, it took one day to arrive, can you believe it :cool: and it's so soft and silky, my bff is putting it in next week for me, I'm so excited ... it's supposed to be really easy to DIY but the girls I spoke to put it in each others hair ... I know for a fact they supply to a salon in George Street that uses their hair and charges over $1,000 !!!!! soooo dodgy, you better off buying directly from them and getting your hairdresser to put them in, anyone can do it :hippie:

Anyway, enough babbling, I'll let you know how I go :guitar: rock on hair extensions ! hmm this is the only forum in here I'm even slightly interested in ... I need to get serious ... study study :sleep:

Last edited:

gella

HSC
clip ins are the way to go!
i got mine from the hairdressers around the corner, but ive seen them stocked in heaps of other places, theyre called "Diva"
i got 4 double clips and 2 single clips for 115

meli_hodges

HSC
They have a shop in liverpool markets, full of wigs and clip in extensions, they match up ur hair colour, it costs around $150-200 for long clip that stretches across the head, but you can also buy smaller clip in ones, for a similar price depending on how many u want. Those are real human hair... well so they say, so they can be straightened, curled or whatever.

You can also buy synthetic ones for around $50-70 but they can't be straightened, but look just as good. They come in curly, wavy and straight, so if u can be bothered doing the hairpiece as well as ur own hair just buy two.

In Patty's markets in the city they have several shops which can also provide you with both real and synthetic clip in hair extensions, at a cheaper price (u can usually bargain them down a bit).

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i used clip ins while i waited for my hair to grow out
yay me

Marina89

HSC
I've had a hundred people tell me not to get weaves and yes, they aren't too good for your hair. BUT what I do is just get them for special occasions and then take them out straight away and then keep the hair so it stays in tact, then pay the hairdressers just to put them back in.

Bankstown is the best, go to Katies which is near subway, or Glamour sisters which is near Titanic. Two rows (which is usually enough to make them look thick enough) costs $150 and to get them put in again it costs $50.

The glue in ones are expensive and it takes a lot of the litttle strands to make it look thick enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)