Hairdressers: How many times per year? (1 Viewer)

Kulazzi

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm going on wednesday for a trim on my hair cos its very long and I just want to even it out at the bottom. I was just chatting with a friend last week and told her that the last time I went to the hairdressers was near the end of 2003, when I got it cut to shoulder length. She gasped and went psycho saying that I should go just about every three months to get a trim in order for my hair to grow nicely. So I might go every three months from now on. What do you guys think? Do you go every three months as well?

Kulazzi

HSC
here are the prices that some surrounding suburbs charge:

Padstow - $29
Revesby - $18 or $19

Haven't looked into Bankstown yet, but I'm getting mine done at Revesby. I think Padstow's a bit expensive, they charged me $20 two and a bit years ago *sigh*

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Don't feel bad, I haven't been to a hairdresser in years - my mum cuts my hair for me at home :)

Kulazzi

HSC
ujuphleg said:
Don't feel bad, I haven't been to a hairdresser in years - my mum cuts my hair for me at home :)
my mum used to too, but because it's so long, she said she can't. :p She'd hate to accidently cut it unneatly and then would have to even it out, which will then lead my hair to being shorter than what she wants. She wants me to keep my long hair, so she said to get it done :rolleyes:

One of my cousins had really long hair and got her mum to cut it for her. Just before my aunty cut it, she was like "I can't do it Sam, i just can't do it. Your hair is so beautiful, nice and long" and my cousin was "just cut it mum. Just do it, Do it. do it!"

Because I'm from an Indian/Pakistani background, long hair is highly desirable. Most of my older cousins in India have really long hair

Skeeta

HSC
yeah just a trim - to cut the scraggly ends off is really important - otherwise you start looking like mother hubbard or something and your hair just keeps splitting

i get mine cut every 6 weeks but i have really short hair and its just to maintain the style

two girls at my school didnt cut their hair since kindergarten (they were also part indian). Their hair was up to the backs of their knees if it was taken out.. but the split ends started at their shoulder blades

ew

Kulazzi

HSC
my hair is a bit stiffy and scraggly at the end as well, but from there upwards, my hair is soft and smooth (but not silky :p!) My friend told me that the stiffy part at the end is not good, and just to trim that part off.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol i used to have majorly long hair (im not indian however), and one day i just sorta snapped and went "ok thats enough, cutting it NOW"...i hated seeing all that nice hair being chopped but it feels so much better now. i dont go to the hairdressers that often, i just go when my hair starts getting to that point where i cant practically deal with the length any more...and ive noticed it grows quite fast, or maybe thats just me, lol. im thinking of going sometime next term coz this nice shoulder-blade length i have going on now is steadily creeping south.

Kulazzi

HSC
lol. well, my hair has grown from my shoulders to just past my hips just over two years (with a bit of trimming in between done by mum) so it may take that long as well. I guess it depends really.

Lainee

HSC
I get mine cut every 3-4 months. Just so it'll keep looking neat and styled rather than long and shapeless. I've never had split ends in my life, and my hair is really healthy and shiny so none of the problems you get with hair that isn't looked after often. I've never coloured my hair either so another reason why I don't need to visit the hairdresser's often.

I don't see why people go and get expensive $100+ haircuts when I get complimented on my $15 cuts all the time. :p It's just one of those things that can be done well for cheap if you've figured out what cuts suit your face!

s2indie

HSC
twice a year - $60 bucks a year for my hair is enough.

arrested development
HSC
Ummmm I try to get it cut every 3-4 months but I'm terribly lazy so sometimes it ends up being every 6 months. Luckily I don't colour my hair, or else that would damage it a lot and also require me to get it touched up more frequently. It would also mean I'd have to waste more money on hair maintenance. $60 for a cut is enough for me.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
In theory I try to get it done every 6 weeks, like they recommend.

In practice, it varies anywhere between 5 weeks- 12 months (ok, that was only once!)

Always

HSC
I get a trim every month and a cut + colour around four times a year.

I like having soft ends. :shy:

Kulazzi

HSC
salsydney said:
hhaha for some reason, as soon as u mentioned long hair, i figured u were indian... ahhhh
I'm actually Australian, born here. My ethnic background is Indian/Paki, but I still have a strong cultural influence within my family, mainly because it relates very close to religion. Hence the long hair, but that's got nothing to do with religion :p

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I trim/cut once every 3-4 months (or at least I try to).

I've never coloured my hair, and I don't put any product in my hair, but my hairdresser told me I should put a certain conditioning product for my long hair so that it doesn't get damaged so easily. Sounds reasonable.

salsydney

HSC
Kulazzi said:
I'm actually Australian, born here.
Oh, wasn't implying you were anything but... worded badly, meant indian roots..
Kulazzi said:
My ethnic background is Indian/Paki, but I still have a strong cultural influence within my family, mainly because it relates very close to religion. Hence the long hair, but that's got nothing to do with religion :p
yep yep, got that as well.... its a cultural thing innit... hey, if it looks good, kudos to you...

Ror bones

HSC
i normally get one hair cut every school holidays
i have never changed the colour of my hair

HSC
i try to get my hair cut every 2 months.
what does everyone think of the straght fringe????????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)