Hamlet Essay (1 Viewer)

maths94

HSC
l have memorised 5,000 words from my Hamlet essay. Is this worthwhile or was it best to memorise a shorter essay and more techniques/quotes/etc.? BTW l do not intend to write 5,000 words in the exam. Memorising more information means l can pick out the most necessary paragraphs which relate to the question given in the HSC exam.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Shorter. Much much shorter. Like, you only need 20% of that.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Are you sure? l memorised 3,000 or so words for trial and got 19/20 for my hamlet essay.
You can't write 5000 words in the time given. Not without sacrificing both the other essays, and even then, it's pushing it.

o_0

HSC
... 5000 would take around three hours to write.......................

maths94

HSC
You can't write 5000 words in the time given. Not without sacrificing both the other essays, and even then, it's pushing it.
Obviously. It just helps as you can pick out information which relates to the question. If you memorise 1,000 words you have to adapt your essay, which in my brain is to hard.

yours

HSC
Obviously. It just helps as you can pick out information which relates to the question. If you memorise 1,000 words you have to adapt your essay, which in my brain is to hard.
What was the question?!?!?

D94

HSC
N/A
Like all above, too much. 800 will suffice, especially as you have to bend your essay to conform with the question. So 800 x 5 (essays + narrative) = 4000, which is still less than your Hamlet essay.

maths94

HSC

A bit off topic, but would this video be a good related text for my belonging essay?

o_0

HSC
Would it work, yes. I wouldn't really call it a 'good' text though.
a bos speaker came to our school earlier this year to talk about belonging, and he said anything can be used as a related text (even a shoe or something LOL!), its just how well you draw the relevant links and answer the question 8)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
a bos speaker came to our school earlier this year to talk about belonging, and he said anything can be used as a related text (even a shoe or something LOL!), its just how well you draw the relevant links and answer the question 8)
They're correct. A text constitutes anything that you can draw meaning from (essentially). However, some texts are better than others, in some way you could say some movies are better than others.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Lol good luck doing a paragraph on a shoe. That's just basically asking for band 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)