Hamlet - loyalty WTF??? (1 Viewer)

Rosalily

HSC
I found it ok. my original thesis was on revenge which didn't work but i had some stuff on how people corrupt others so i talked about how unquestioning loyalty leads to corruption and destruction.

Skweak

HSC
I really had trouble getting my quotes to fit the question as I had next to none that related to loyalty at all.
Some people happen to have jack all for the question while other people turn out lucky. Imagine if someone memorised an entire essay all about loyalty. Lol @ English, it comes down to luck of the question.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Some people happen to have jack all for the question while other people turn out lucky. Imagine if someone memorised an entire essay all about loyalty. Lol @ English, it comes down to luck of the question.
Perhaps, but the more prepared you are, the more likely you are to get a 'lucky' question.
You could basically say the same thing about most subjects, if you just happen to have focused your study on all the content that appeared in the exam. Ultimately though, the more thoroughly you prepare, the more likely you are to have studied the stuff that they'll ask.

shediedlarfing

HSC
Basically the markers aren't going to care whether you thought the play emphasised the importance of loyalty or disloyalty. They care about if you addressed the question or not. Disloyalty still addresses the question, and so does loyalty (or a combination of both). Basically the main discriminators for marks will be: [Addresses an interpretation question of loyalty in the thesis, and throughout the essay] * [An informed response - extensive knowledge of the play, use of vocabulary and good textual evidence] * [Structure of the essay - punctuation, paragraphing, definite introduction, body and conclusion] * [Quality of ideas/themes - how you express the ideas and how indicative they are your own interpretations] * [The overall impact of the essay and how well you developed your thesis]

ooh very nice.. hey did anyone talk about productions? ..

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Loyalty my ass. This was the shittest question in paper 2.

I just copied and pasted my generic (1.2k words, 20/20 in my assessment, 14/20 for trials), tried adapting my generic into the question and hoping for the best...

HSC
Are you guys kidding me?! Hamlet by far had the easiest question. The entire PLAY is about loyalty - I mean, you can talk about the obvious one between Hamlet/dad, Gertrude/dad, but also about Rosencrantz/Guildenstern's relationship with Hamlet, Polonius, and his involvement with the new court vs. the old court,
Laerte's act of vengeance, and Ophelia's faithfulness to Hamlet - I mean COME ON! I don't even DO Hamlet, and these things are so obvious.

If you take a look at the Speeches question I had to do (damn school), the question was so limiting that out of the 7 speeches they agve you only 3 really had anything to do with "justice" - which is a very limiting term. So, if u didn't prep for one of those three, so like the Keating and Deane kids, you were screwed.

Regardless, I agree the questions were more specific this year (dumb in my opinion since it's a new syllabus) but some were DEFINETLY more easier than others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)