Hand writing (1 Viewer)

Rawf

HSC
Should I use a pen that I can write really fast with and the writing is really messy but still legible?
Or use a pen that writes a bit slower and looks more legible?
Or just try and write as neat as I can.. and consume more time.
This question is mainly for English lol. Other subjects I seem to write pretty neatly in.

ArguablyMitch

HSC
Faster and less legible. The markers are used to reading some crazy shit; unless your writing is absolutely shocking it shouldn't be a problem. It's more important to get more down on the page than to be neat.

Rawf

HSC
My teacher said that you also get marked down if you have a lot of crossing out in your responses. I'm not sure about essays, but she said for creatives it dettracts the readers attention and ruins the flow so thus your mark is lowered.
Is this true? She also said you get marked down for using astericks in your essay responses. (Pretty crap cause I always forget to write a large proportion of my paragraph but I'm already on the next paragraph).

TheOptimist

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲
HSC
Uni Grad
My teacher said that you also get marked down if you have a lot of crossing out in your responses. I'm not sure about essays, but she said for creatives it dettracts the readers attention and ruins the flow so thus your mark is lowered.
Is this true? She also said you get marked down for using astericks in your essay responses. (Pretty crap cause I always forget to write a large proportion of my paragraph but I'm already on the next paragraph).
Yes you will

Rawf

HSC
Yes you will
What about the crossing out part for creative?
And dang.. yeah I took this advice onboard during trials and I crossed out a whole paragraph so I could add onto my last paragraph... then ran outa time for everything else :( hopefully I wont forget anything tomorrow.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Markers are human beings as well and are impressionable. If your writing is neat, they generally will be in quite a positive mindset when marking your paper and this bodes well for you. If your writing is messy, they may find it difficult to read and lose your flow of argument quickly if they have to manually decipher every second word. Try to appreciate the fact that your paper is probably being marked at 9pm and they want to go home as early as possible.

kenkap

HSC
handwriting shouldnt be a problem since the english workbook which contains high band responses are mostly shabbily written..Like real bad handwriting, i couldnt read one single word!

Rawf

HSC
handwriting shouldnt be a problem since the english workbook which contains high band responses are mostly shabbily written..Like real bad handwriting, i couldnt read one single word!
Ill assure you that my writing is worse than the workbooks. When I looked at them, most of the handwriting was beautiful but I couldn't read them. My handwriting is ugly af.

When I write I usually leave out some letters by accident but the word I'm trying to say is quite obvious.. would I get marked down on that? (Like sometimes there might be an I missing or an extra t, or my ng is connected really retardedly and you cant see the n)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)