handwriting in the hsc (1 Viewer)

cyniczny

HSC
i just got my mod a assessment back and according to the written feedback, the only reason i lost marks was for my handwriting (which i'm not too happy about - mostly since my teacher told me it was legible and there was almost no feedback on the actual essay itself).
how much do actual hsc markers care about your handwriting, and to what extent might it affect your mark? i'm sure this varies across subjects (my legal teacher has told me that they'll do anything they can to try and read your responses, whereas english marking tends to be less lenient)

idkkdi

HSC
i just got my mod a assessment back and according to the written feedback, the only reason i lost marks was for my handwriting (which i'm not too happy about - mostly since my teacher told me it was legible and there was almost no feedback on the actual essay itself).
how much do actual hsc markers care about your handwriting, and to what extent might it affect your mark? i'm sure this varies across subjects (my legal teacher has told me that they'll do anything they can to try and read your responses, whereas english marking tends to be less lenient)
Depends on your luck. Better to have good handwriting.

4321suomynona

HSC
Depends on your luck. Better to have good handwriting.
also in hsc english essays dont they just read ur intro and skim thru everythign else, so a majority of ur marks come from the intro itself. So would it be ight to just write the into very neatly and then kinda go as fast/messily as normal for the rest of the essay

idkkdi

HSC
also in hsc english essays dont they just read ur intro and skim thru everythign else, so a majority of ur marks come from the intro itself. So would it be ight to just write the into very neatly and then kinda go as fast/messily as normal for the rest of the essay
Topic sentences should be decently neat as well.

in the body of a paragraph I would imagine you could get away with a bit. Still would advise getting readable handwriting tho.

4321suomynona

HSC
for me i have pretty shit hand writing. At this point trying to make it neat would compromise the word count, especially in timed conditions and going into trials and hsc would mean that i would need some time atleast 5mins per essay to think of how to adapt my essay and actually adapt it cause up until this point my task 1 and task 3 were completely route learned and task 2 was multimodal so we got like 1hr 15mins with 3 other people to discuss.

Jojofelyx

HSC
My whole intro was super neat (in terms of hsc handwriting standards anyway lol). I wrote my topic sentences and linking sentences a bit more legibly. Any phrases that seemed fancy and insightful, id try to be mindful with my handwriting. Any waffle i just wrote out as quickly as i could. Worked out very very well for me last year.

Good practise would be to write out your stuff and give it to a friend who hasnt seen much of your handwriting to see if they can ascertain it. Usually teachers/markers are better at picking out words cuz theyve done it so much, peers havent, so if they can make it out, you should be in the green.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)