Handwriting (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
How can you improve it?

everyone keeps constantly complaining about mine... and really, it's getting on my nerve...! I am certain my essays are truly worth more than the mark they are given.....

I write cursive style (i think that's what it's called) - all the letters are stuck together...

should i change to the more accepted way of writing (letters seperated) -- arggg...!!! I heard you are allowed to type for the HSC... do you think I'd be allowed and would that disadvantage you later...

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
My handwriting is really bad but teachers say they can still read it, so I'm not bothering with the typing.
Typing in exams? That would just be so crazy im afraid i'd be likely to implode.

P

pLuvia

Yeh, HSC markers won't mark what they cannot read :p My maths teacher already does that lol

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
is your handwriting really that bad? maybe you should try printing, even if it's only for essays and tests and such. coz apparently (correct me if this is wrong) but hsc markers won't mark what they cant read. you could go for the typing thing, though im not sure who's allowed to do that...someone who knows can answer that one :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
My exam-condition handwriting is hardly legible. There are people who write perfect legible 20-page essays in 40 minutes. :eek: You'd better hope one of them pops in to give some advice. :p

As for my normal handwriting, I've been told a lot that it looks like a computer font. :p My math teacher said I must have been a typewriter in a past life. It's a shame that when I write as fast as I can, it all becomes scribble. :p

I think artistic people, or just people who like to sketch a lot generally have clear handwriting. I don't know how you can practise it, but it probably starts off slow.

YBK

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
is your handwriting really that bad? maybe you should try printing, even if it's only for essays and tests and such. coz apparently (correct me if this is wrong) but hsc markers won't mark what they cant read. you could go for the typing thing, though im not sure who's allowed to do that...someone who knows can answer that one :p
lol maybe i could post up a sample.. i guess it's not that bad, but typing would be cool...!!! :D

and about the markers not marking what they can't read... it's bs

i heard from a very reliable source (director of studies) in my school that if a marker can't read it, they'll give to another. Apparently, it'd circle through a big ammount of markers before it is classified as unreadable...

P

pLuvia

My teachers have told me that they don't mark it if they can't read it so yeh.

YBK

HSC
kadlil said:
lol, so do mine... mine say that about the HSC though...

argg...

P

pLuvia

Don't think so, but HOW bad is your handwriting?? post it up :D

My one is readable thank god :)

studiousbiatch

HSC
I know for a fact that they pass the exam to three markers, and then if they still can't read it you are called in and you read out the exam to them while they type it into a computer

YBK

HSC
kadlil said:
Don't think so, but HOW bad is your handwriting?? post it up :D

My one is readable thank god :)

well... just wrote something in paint -using a mouse so it was hard ...

how do u upload a pic... arggg

P

pLuvia

errr. I don't think paint will show how you write, you really need to write on a piece of paper like write I am YBK, I'm in year 12

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kadlil said:
that's pretty true. they say that you will miss out on marks if you have bad handwriting and sometimes the part they can't read is your main point.
My handwriting is ok to read sometimes, but at other times, unreadable but in exams, its not due to the rush to beat time. Not only is my writing messy but im slow at it (all english exams prove this).

YBK

HSC
kadlil said:
errr. I don't think paint will show how you write, you really need to write on a piece of paper like write I am YBK, I'm in year 12
yup, i just wrote something... going to scan and post up....

i write a bit messier in exams when i'm in a rush... it all depends..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I used to have messy writing, i even wrote letters a little below the lines and the dots on my i's were more like apostrophes. And then after writing lots of notes for all my subjects for just over a week this term, my handwriting has significantly improved and i have started to do what you call "printing", my dots on i's are still a little liney but i'm working on improving my handwriting even more and increasing the speed slightly for writing those long essays in a short periods of time. I think the way to improve your handwriting is by writing alot, and concentrating on neater handwriting when writing notes, for example.

YBK

HSC
Riviet said:
I used to have messy writing, i even wrote letters a little below the lines and the dots on my i's were more like apostrophes. And then after writing lots of notes for all my subjects for just over a week this term, my handwriting has significantly improved and i have started to do what you call "printing", my dots on i's are still a little liney but i'm working on improving my handwriting even more and increasing the speed slightly for writing those long essays in a short periods of time. I think the way to improve your handwriting is by writing alot, and concentrating on neater handwriting when writing notes, for example.
cool, i'll try doing that.
but when i'm writing notes I tend to write really fast because I know I can read it no matter how messy it is :D

yay! uploaded!

http://rapidshare.de/files/6513113/Untitled-1.jpg.html

(p.s i'd say this is somewhat neater than how i'd write in an exam) eek..!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
YBK said:
but when i'm writing notes I tend to write really fast because I know I can read it no matter how messy it is :D

yay! uploaded!

'lets (what? i think its hope) this uploads...'
'err yeah..its (what?)'
it took me a while to find out what some of the words were and was there for it to make sense.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
YBK said:

yay! uploaded!

Oh it's not too bad. I can read it. :)

Although it is enlarged. Maybe teachers would have trouble if that was 10 times smaller. :p

YBK

HSC
hehe... at least someone can read that... :)

yeah, i guess it would be harder to read when it's small.. but then again, I write big.. lol... i'd say 5-7 words per line average.

ummm.. a cookie to whoever can decipher it :p :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)