Hard AS!! (1 Viewer)

junguoau

HSC
WHO FIND IT HARD?????????????

Any comments on the backup question?
And the text editing one???

HSC
I found 1 multiple choice question a little difficult, that was the system tool that configures hardware, technically you don't configure hardware in any of those, but the 'best' answer was system defragmenting (or was it scan disk?) either way, that was only because its a system tool
the extended responses where easier but alot to reply with, compared to other years theres always 1 hard extended response, this time there was 3 'fair' ones

mcbec

HSC
yeah i found it ok actually. i thought the multiple choice were all simple as!! except for a couple. that text editing one was really weird... i was struggling to find three TEXT editing ones, i could see heaps of others but it had to be text ones... brr i didnt like that question

the rest were ok tho, and i didnt mind the long responses, they were actually ok!! (except that i didnt kno how to do a proposal!! hehe hence i didnt do that question!!)

breesy

I also put scan disk / defragmenter. As the answers stood none of them were right. I suppose it was one of those 'best' answer questions.

I found it harder aswell, with the exception of the extended response which was a given.

HSC
Casmira said:
but the 'best' answer was system defragmenting (or was it scan disk?) either way, that was only because its a system tool
Well thats what I put. I wonder whether everyone will get it wrong or right.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
can you tell me the question and the possible answers to that question again?

Shael

HSC
Casmira said:
I found 1 multiple choice question a little difficult, that was the system tool that configures hardware, technically you don't configure hardware in any of those, but the 'best' answer was system defragmenting (or was it scan disk?) either way, that was only because its a system tool
I'm pretty positive it is D, the disk cleanup and defrag tools. Because if you look at the question, it quotes "the use of an operating system tool. and the only tools there that are in an operating system which they expect you to know(windows) is Disk Cleanup and Defragmentation.

Ideas Man

HSC
As for the three text changes, there was one typo in the second header, Cc... changed to C..., the Bullets were reordered and one other that I can't remember w/o looking at it...

Ah, and IT was changed to Information Technology was the third one.

Font sizes, font faces (they changed from sans serif to serif) etc. are FORMATTING things too BTW, so if you mentioned the font size for text, you are wrong.

Last edited:
HSC
yeh but disk clean up and defragment dont modify the hard drive configuration >_<

Glenn198718

Back up question i think completely got wrong how many tapes did you say they would use in a week i put 5 but i think that was wrong. and the editing question i think i did alright in that too

HSC
Casmira said:
yeh but disk clean up and defragment dont modify the hard drive configuration >_<
What about this (in Windows XP):

START > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

This tool allows you to change the file system (i.e. between FAT32 and NTFS) and also allows you to change the space allocation between disks and create new partitions etc.

HSC
Glenn198718 said:
Back up question i think completely got wrong how many tapes did you say they would use in a week i put 5 but i think that was wrong. and the editing question i think i did alright in that too
Did ya remember to show all working?

MistaED

HSC
Lousy Course

The test was simple, what are you talking about? :p More difficult than my trial though.

I never like these tests, they're always too Windows-biased, like the absolute/relative question. Plus they have too much business info and not enough techie questions :p And if you use an answer which is way beyond the windows-biased course, you get marked wrong :(

As for the tapes for backing up, I calculated 12, anyone else get that?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, and first post yay.

Chocobo687

HSC
MistaED said:
The test was simple, what are you talking about? :p More difficult than my trial though.

I never like these tests, they're always too Windows-biased, like the absolute/relative question. Plus they have too much business info and not enough techie questions :p And if you use an answer which is way beyond the windows-biased course, you get marked wrong :(

As for the tapes for backing up, I calculated 12, anyone else get that?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, and first post yay.
If you want more techie, jump into a cisco course ;-) Even IPT is better than IT techie wise, but 1/2 is business too.

And yeah, i got 12 tapes.

MistaED

HSC
It asked how many tapes needed for one weekly backup. not a tape rotation scheme! how did u get 12
I'm not sure if this is the question exactly, but itt was a 200gb hdd with 100gb backups I think, with Monday-Thursday being incremental 100gb. Each tape is 50gb.

So do the maths, 2x 50 tapes, x 4 days = 8 tapes there, and then the full backup is 4 tapes for Friday. All up 12 tapes.

I hope the markers won't be retarded and say a min 8 tapes can be used or something stupid like that, saying those incrementals are redundant and 4 being overwritten for the full.

Cognosis

is awesome
HSC
oh dear...I screwed that question. Although I don't recall them telling us the size of the tapes

Ideas Man

HSC
Cognosis said:
oh dear...I screwed that question. Although I don't recall them telling us the size of the tapes
That was right up the top of the question, you musta seen it because all the parts referenced it, the tape capacity didn't change between parts.

Chocobo687

HSC
MistaED said:
I'm not sure if this is the question exactly, but itt was a 200gb hdd with 100gb backups I think, with Monday-Thursday being incremental 100gb. Each tape is 50gb.

So do the maths, 2x 50 tapes, x 4 days = 8 tapes there, and then the full backup is 4 tapes for Friday. All up 12 tapes.

I hope the markers won't be retarded and say a min 8 tapes can be used or something stupid like that, saying those incrementals are redundant and 4 being overwritten for the full.
Thats what I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)