Hard AS!! (1 Viewer)

baboom

?

Cognosis said:
oh dear...I screwed that question. Although I don't recall them telling us the size of the tapes
SAMe , im screwed on that one.??!!?? and thats Big "F" for Me

HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
What about this (in Windows XP):

START > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management.

This tool allows you to change the file system (i.e. between FAT32 and NTFS) and also allows you to change the space allocation between disks and create new partitions etc.
yeh but disk defragment doesn't do that, neither does disk cleanup

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
MistaED said:
The test was simple, what are you talking about? :p More difficult than my trial though.

I never like these tests, they're always too Windows-biased, like the absolute/relative question. Plus they have too much business info and not enough techie questions :p And if you use an answer which is way beyond the windows-biased course, you get marked wrong :(

As for the tapes for backing up, I calculated 12, anyone else get that?

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, and first post yay.
i put 12 tapes
4x2 + 4 tapes for main backup on fri

Shael

HSC
I had 12 also.

And technically Disk Defrag and Cleanup dont "configure" the hard drive, but they do alter the data. But you know these people, they are pretty dumb when it comes to the technical side of computers and I guess they worded it incorrectly.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
what was that question!!! no one gave an answer, i wanna know the quesiton and possible answeres and i can tell you what i got for it

HSC
there you guys go, mince up the question, my thought it was D as well, its the only system tool ther

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
thanks, meh i got that wrong. i went C as its the only one that changes the file size/hd, but forgot it only changes software not hardware. blah.

henroid

HSC
Is it just me, or does a disk defrag:

- Relocate portions of data to make as much of the free data sectors together on the disk

and as hard disks are physical magnetic media, this is actually indeed a PHYSICAL change in the hardware?

then again, it might just be me..

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
junguoau said:
WHO FIND IT HARD?????????????

Any comments on the backup question?
And the text editing one???
i hated the last section...God that was a pain, it took sooo long...i did 21 and 23..i think i stuffed tha 'writing a support manual' thing :rolleyes:....

*Hmmmm IT, i hope it dosent count to my UAI.....*

(good ridence, IT is done, no more work placement, no more cleaning computers...)

burlz

henroid said:
Is it just me, or does a disk defrag:

- Relocate portions of data to make as much of the free data sectors together on the disk

and as hard disks are physical magnetic media, this is actually indeed a PHYSICAL change in the hardware?

then again, it might just be me..
that was my understanding of defragmentation...i also put that as my answer

HSC
there is a physical change of file location on disk, ie. file allocation table is defragged afaik?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)