Hard Projectile Q (1 Viewer)

Mellonie

HSC
A Stone is thrown so that it will hit a a birf at the top of a pole. However at the instant the stone is thrown, the bird flies away in a horizontal straight line at a speed of 10m/s. The stone reaches a height double that of the pole and, in its descent, touches the bird. Find the horizontal component of the velocity of the stone.

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
oh this question... from green Fitzpatrick.
i've got a solution to it, except it's like one whole A4 page and with diagrams.
i'll pm you or send it to you tomorrow after my last day of assessment tasks at school Mellonie. (that is, if no one since posts the solution)

but for now, back to exam prep...

David_O

HSC
N/A
This is a stock q.
Take eqn of path as a parabola with vertex at max height.

Mellonie

HSC
:d

who_loves_maths said:
oh this question... from green Fitzpatrick.
i've got a solution to it, except it's like one whole A4 page and with diagrams.
i'll pm you or send it to you tomorrow after my last day of assessment tasks at school Mellonie. (that is, if no one since posts the solution)

but for now, back to exam prep...

Hey i'd still like to see your solutions.. maybe theirs other ways to achieve the same answe

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
this is a really famous question....

who_loves_maths

I wanna be a nebula too!!
somewhere amidst the nebulaic cloud of your heart
HSC
Originally Posted by Mellonie
Hey i'd still like to see your solutions.. maybe theirs other ways to achieve the same answer.
okay exams are finally over now... phew...

i'll post up my two solutions - both are different to that of maths > english.

the solution by maths > english is the 'conventional' and formal way to do the question and was initially my first method too, but i've since found two other ways of doing it (less conventional and you wouldn't think of doing it these two ways in an exam, but still.. they aren't long.) :)

here they are:

Projectile - Method 1
Projectile - Method 2

personally, i like my second one.
anyways, hope this helps :)

Last edited:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
At some stage most of the questions from this chapter in fitzpatrick have been answered. I have my own personal solutions to these too, so during the holidays ill make a pdf merging everyones answers so next time someone asks we just need to give them the link

Last edited:

Mellonie

HSC
acmilan said:
At some stage most of the questions from this chapter in fitzpatrick have been answered. I have my own personal solutions to these too, so during the holidays ill make a pdf merging everyones answers so next time someone asks we just need to give them the link :)

its ok u dont have to! Someone has already done it ok.. SO ur PErsonal solutions r not needed *ROLLS EYES*

Mellonie

HSC
who_loves_maths said:
okay exams are finally over now... phew...

i'll post up my two solutions - both are different to that of maths > english.

the solution by maths > english is the 'conventional' and formal way to do the question and was initially my first method too, but i've since found two other ways of doing it (less conventional and you wouldn't think of doing it these two ways in an exam, but still.. they aren't long.) :)

here they are:

Projectile - Method 1
Projectile - Method 2

personally, i like my second one.
anyways, hope this helps :)

I am finding it really hard to find your solution... But ur second one does look more eligible... maybe u could put somelines in to explain it....
cuz i dont even know where ur starting with it... its just really hard for me to follow

HSC
i find it interesting to see other people's handwriting. if i saw i question like this, i'd freak out.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Mellonie said:
its ok u dont have to! Someone has already done it ok.. SO ur PErsonal solutions r not needed *ROLLS EYES*
Mellonie, I was not talking about you specifically. I was referring to making a file with answers to that entire chapter, as these questions have been asked multiple times before, to assist others. You do not need to use them if you dont want to but others would find it useful.

Mellonie

HSC
acmilan said:
Mellonie, I was not talking about you specifically. I was referring to making a file with answers to that entire chapter, as these questions have been asked multiple times before, to assist others. You do not need to use them if you dont want to but others would find it useful.

DO not speak to me. I find u very mean. You always delete my posts when its merely a maths question i want answered. WHat kind of person does that. You are restricting my learning. N then u go write like a nice person. You are mean.

N stop closing my posts. My posts are not fowl language they r merely maths questions! I wish u were ot the moderator of this place

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Mellonie said:
DO not speak to me. I find u very mean. You always delete my posts when its merely a maths question i want answered. WHat kind of person does that. You are restricting my learning. N then u go write like a nice person. You are mean.

N stop closing my posts. My posts are not fowl language they r merely maths questions! I wish u were ot the moderator of this place
Please do not spam the board with your issues with moderators. Like I indicated, if you have an issue take it to the relevant administrator. It serves no purpose posting it here since your concerns will unlikely be seen by them.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Indeed, I find acmilan to be an excellent moderator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)