Have a cry... (1 Viewer)

PRSOV

Why are there so many people on these forums crying because they only got a UAI of 96.5 or 98.95...It really seems to beat me that you get in the top 5% of the state and all you do is whinge about it, the majority of the state gets under 90.00 so wtf are you guys crying about ? its pathetic...

ND

HSC
Different people have different standards. You have as much right to be disappointed with 99.30 as you do with 70 if you were aiming for higher.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I agree with ND,

If you aimed for Law, and tried real real hard to get into it and not make it with a UAI of 96.5, you have not reached your hope for your career and have a reason to be angry.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by PRSOV
Why are there so many people on these forums crying because they only got a UAI of 96.5 or 98.95...It really seems to beat me that you get in the top 5% of the state and all you do is whinge about it, the majority of the state gets under 90.00 so wtf are you guys crying about ? its pathetic...

dont ever blame pplz for having goals, and dont comapre yourself with anyone but yourself

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hmm would the 96.5 be random, or would that be because it's what I got???

Anyway, I have every right to be dissapointed and so does everyone who didn't achieve what they wanted.... tell me why I shouldn't be annoyed when I'm not going to get in to my first preference, haven't achieved my goals, and got results in subjects that I am dissapointed with... oh hang on I better be happy with my results even though they fall beneath my expectations and aren't going to get me in to the course that I have wanted desperately to get in to all year.....

Everyone has different expectations and goals...

^___^
HSC
exactly..

everyone's goal is different

its like saying in a marathon race..a person ran such and such time..and he is disappointed
but then, many others r glad they are over and yet, time is not a thing to be worried...

Aaron1911

You have the right to be dissapointed, sure. But you don't have the right to belittle others intentially or no. And though for most of you it is unintentional, remember there are some who talk down their own results to piss off others.

How would you feel if Bill Gates complained about only earning 100 million usd last year while you survive on welfare cheques? Be upset. Be dissapointed, but please try to be sensitive to other people's feelings.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
If you aimed for Law, and tried real real hard to get into it and not make it with a UAI of 96.5, you have not reached your hope for your career and have a reason to be angry.
If you got 96.5 you could do law at Uni of Canberra or ANU ;) all possible options must be examined first because you will get there sometime.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by Xayma
If you got 96.5 you could do law at Uni of Canberra or ANU ;) all possible options must be examined first because you will get there sometime.
I was just giving an example, with the assumption of USYD/UTS/UNSW :p

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I agree with most of the opinions thusfar - different people have different expectations and goals. Don't judge others for aiming high just as you shouldn't judge others who aren't academically-inclined.

But as for those who whinge about a mark for the sake of whinging when they can get into their desired course without any trouble, shut up. (And trust me, there are people out there who just like to put on a facade of being unhappy with their 99.50 just to flaunt their 99.50 in the face of others). But in all fairness, in the majority this rarely ever happens.

So, each to their own I say.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
As for your comment Xayma, financial issues arise for many who have to travel far distances to study a course which they desire and could potentially be successful in. Don't assume that life is as simple for everyone.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tenax Propositi
As for your comment Xayma, financial issues arise for many who have to travel far distances to study a course which they desire and could potentially be successful in. Don't assume that life is as simple for everyone.
I was simply stating that there are other options for those who dont get what they want the first time round thats was just being used as an example.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I was simply stating that there are other options for those who dont get what they want the first time round thats was just being used as an example.

But it still doesn't mean people aren't entitled to be dissapointed about not doing as well as they wanted..... if you wanted to do, say, communications at UTS, then you are going to be dissapointed if you don't get in, even if you can do a similar course somewhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)