Have my subjects doomed me? (1 Viewer)

Ollier888

HSC
I am not doing any crazy high scaling subjects like 4u of Maths or English

I am doing; Eng Stand, Maths Stand 2, Modern History, Business, PDH and SOR1. How much harder will it be for me compared to other people (who are doing crazy subjects like 4u Maths/Eng) to get a 97/98/99 ATAR?

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
Source - FB Discussion Group 2021 - 99 ATAR with standard maths and english
Rank Well and Do Great in Externals really

You won't be disadvantaged too much or not even at all tbh, just work really hard as that's uniform for all students wanting 97+

And there are also people that do high scaling subjects as you mentioned and get ATAR's in the 50's because they thought scaling would save their asses.

Attachments

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad

I am doing; Eng Stand, Maths Stand 2, Modern History, Business, PDH and SOR1. How much harder will it be for me compared to other people (who are doing crazy subjects like 4u Maths/Eng) to get a 97/98/99 ATAR?
Difficulty is subjective. Your results depend on your ability, hard work and a bit of luck, and as seen above people can get 99s with completely low scaling subjects..

idkkdi

HSC

easier, because you're using less brainpower and not actually trying to do anything difficult.

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
easier, because you're using less brainpower and not actually trying to do anything difficult.
That is also subjective. What may be easy for one requiring very little 'brainpower' may be difficult for another thus requiring more 'brainpower'.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
any combination of subjects can get you an atar like that provided that you rank well in them at school and then proceed to perform well in the hsc. you are only at a disadvantage if you think you are!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)