have they started yet? (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
hello,

I was wondering whether the uni's have got the preferences and crap already for enrollments into 2004?

... I'm so damn worried

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i doubt it since main round doesn't close till jan 5th. or else they'll be swamped with too many changes.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I think they work all that out between 5th and 19th of Jan

TheKey

HSC
actually i got sent a bunch of "commercials" from UNSW about the exact course which i put on my 1st prefrence.

it starts off "i am writing to you because you have listed a Computing Degree Program at UNSW as one of your top UAC prefrences. All the indicators available to us show that you are heading in the right direction at the right time."

but then maybe they send this to everyone and they dont even know my UAI. btw i got this 19th december.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah they send it to everyone who picked it in the prefs.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah i got one from usyd saying "thanks for putting us in your preferences, come to our info day"
So they must know, but i dont think they'd be working out offers yet

Huy

HSC
N/A
Yep, I got a postcard from UNSW Engineering, a letter from UNSW Medicine and a general UNSW invitation (fold-out) to the Open/Information Day.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
yeah ive got a letter from sydney uni, and i got the fold out from unsw....i liked the usyd one better...much more sucking up happened in that letter...i also got them from uws and from maquarie..lol...lotsa mail for me! *sigh*, pity it won't last

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Universities know your UAI about a week before they are released. They also find out if you've put them on your preferences. Main Round preferences aren't locked until Midnight 6 January, so until then they're basically working on what you thought you wanted to do before you got your UAI. They obviously want to wrangle you for their info days to totally rope you in, hence the mailing. After 5 Jan the next set of mail will probably be your offers on 19 January.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)