Headset - Microphone problem (1 Viewer)

Silent_Sniper

Watching you through my sniper scope!!! Getting re
HSC
Okay i bought a headset today, plugged it in and for about 20 seconds it worked then just stopped. I have try'd everything (i think) i could find online, i dont think its the hardware.. any suggestions??

Im using Windows 7

This is what occurs;

High pitch noises when increased volume
Beats randomly occuring
Within "Recording Devices" the port i plug it in (front mic) keeps disappearing and appearing
Music and sounds come through the headset perfectly fine, however recording doesn't work

Bonus info;
No software had come with it
All drivers are updated
Its plugged correctly and within the correct ports
I have try'd doing the wizard for setting the mic up but it doesn't record the sound
I installed Realtek, nothing has changed. - I haven't played around with that software
I have also try'd plugging the headset into the back ports however nothing changed

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Model, brand blah blah.

If its random it sounds like its been shorted.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Same thing happened to my microphone. I tried it for the fix time and it worked for about 30 mins. But after that it didn't work anymore.

So I exchanged it for a new one and that one works till today.

vds700

HSC
Okay i bought a headset today, plugged it in and for about 20 seconds it worked then just stopped. I have try'd everything (i think) i could find online, i dont think its the hardware.. any suggestions??

Im using Windows 7

This is what occurs;

High pitch noises when increased volume
Beats randomly occuring
Within "Recording Devices" the port i plug it in (front mic) keeps disappearing and appearing
Music and sounds come through the headset perfectly fine, however recording doesn't work

Bonus info;
No software had come with it
All drivers are updated
Its plugged correctly and within the correct ports
I have try'd doing the wizard for setting the mic up but it doesn't record the sound
I installed Realtek, nothing has changed. - I haven't played around with that software
I have also try'd plugging the headset into the back ports however nothing changed
Have you got access to another computer to test the headset on?

Otherwise maybe check you have the latest drivers installed for your sound card.

If it still doesn't work probably best to take it back and get it exchanged for another one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)