heeeeeeeeeeeeelp! (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, I got sent a file over msn from a friends little sister today, and I opened it without thinking, it was called something along the lines of 'fat elvis, lol.pif' (or something like that), and anyways, now I think it may have been a virus, and everytime I search 'fat elvis virus' on google the window automatically closes, and when I do control/alt/delete I can't get into it, my msn won't sign in, etc...so does anyone know how I can rid myself of this (in English, not pc-speak!!)
Thanks!!

adsta

HSC
Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
See if you can access the removal tool page here.

If not, right click this and click "Save As", and then run the removal tool.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Thankyou...I'll be back in a few minutes to let you know how I go

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
omg u people should be using compuiters. look at the file extension it was obviously some crazy unknown file. And ask what it is before accepting

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I know, my computer cracked the shits last night, and so I went off-line...All the sites that were posted, the virus'y thingy blocked...so now I'm at uni, and I'll see if I can figure out whats going on, and let you know this arvo.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok guys, thanks a bunch!! I ended up downloading the program at uni, and I just ran it, and it seems to be gone.
Thankyou!!
reps all around

*note to self: do not open .pif files!!!*

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
a *.pif is a MS-DOS Shortcut file extension and apparently it gets executed like a *.exe or can tell complex commands to the windoes system. Hence can allow for attachments of viruses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)