Help a CS n00b. (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, one of my goals for post-HSC was to learn how to play CS, and I'm doing that now. I have all the programs, and I know how to open and work em. But I'd just like some help please.

1/ What are some good maps for n00bs to play?
2/ whats the deal with clans and servers?
3/ give me a list of basic commands, and keys for stuff (e.g. i know B is for buying new weapons)
4/ tactics and tips

thanks

bobbles

1) The standard maps you'll come accross mostly will be de_dust, de_dust2, de_aztec, de_cbble, cs_office & de_inferno.

2) Clans are just groups of people who have come together to play against each other in clan wars (organised matches with recorded scores as apposed to just running around shooting in public servers) and some clans have their own servers so they can have a game whenever they want with their own settings.

3) For the basic commands just goto options and click controls, they're all in there, besides 'b' for buying, the controls are pretty basic really... (WASD for movement, E for use, R for reload, ctrl/shift crouch and walk, and Q might be bound to 'lastinv' which will quickly switch to the last weapon you had out.

4) You can open the console (with tilde "~") and type "setinfo _vgui_menus 0" if youd rather text based buy menus that you just use numbers for isntead of the one with pictures. also "hud_fastswitch 1" will mean you can just push the number keys to swtich weapons instantly, not have to click to confirm it.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm a CS n00b... you just play... and after a while you get better. *Shrugs*

psycho_mushy

HSC
You can't exactly place down tactics and strategies coz u will learn as you go but these are mine in general... :)

1) with the crosshair there is a "t" the t should be a tad bit above the enemies head to get a head shot

2) take time to aim and fire, don't go ballistic as soon as u seen someone coz chances are thay they end up killing u before u can

3) try to walk if you can, walking doesn't create any footstep sounds so the enemy can't detect where u are...

4) guns such as the ak-47 have massive recoil and will only work well by using "burst fire" that is firing in burst rounds, or "tap fire" just tap on you mouse in bursts of 1 sec or 3 bullets... with the ak, u can aim at the neck, the kick in the ak will do the rest

5) crouch when u shoot, its increases the accuracy

6) there will be times when u play and u hear terms such as "gay awper" or "awper fags". The awp is a short term for "artic warfare precision" rifle. It is a sniper rifle and very very powerful. Basically a one shot kill weapon, providing if the shot is well placed enough... but then always try and crouch as well when u shoot from the awp. it improves on accuracy

7) on the ct's, the most common and best gun/rifle u will use will be the colt, or b43. That gun is by far the most accurate and iis comparable to the ak47. the ak is more powerful but less accurate and will have to take time to master. The colt has a silencer to put on, usually clicking on the right mouse button. Without the silence, the colt is more powerful but less accurate. Will the silencer on, its less powerful but more accurate. Its an accepted fact. Unlike the ak, the recoil goes from side to side, not up.

8) When you play, you might get shot from somone even though u haven't seen them yet. They might be shooting through the wall. this is possble though not all walls be be shot through. Brick walls, wooden crates and doors can be easily penitrated so don't say "hack or cheat" coz they can be

9) early in the game where u wouldn't have enough money yet to buy a good guy, a good pistol should usually do the trick. the desert eagle is by the most effective and powerful but holds the least amount of rounds of all the pistols. 7 rounds per fire. The USP pistol, the gun te ct's start off with is by far the most effective with a silencer included, though as mentioned, the desert eagle is by far the most powerful to use when you are strapped of cash to buy a newer gun.

10) after the first or second round. you would usually have enough money to get an mp5. a submachine gun with fairly good accuracy even on full auto and if aimed correctly, headshots are fairly easy. if u are strapped with cash, the mp5 is the best gun to buy and use

11) when sniping, try to get a sidearm pistol, notable the desert eagle coz that gun will prove very handy during close quarter battles

12) being a n00b, u should try everything to improve your aim. Camping is once such idead where u stay in the same spot for over a period of tiem, but this does not allow you to know the map well or get any aim practice. camping for n00bs will only provide aiming skills such that, they know where the head will be when the enemy walks around.. so its not that bad... but camping is more or less a no-no if u wanna do good.

13) in maps where there are "de" in the name, this means demolition in which the t's have to plant a bomb at a specific site. the ct's have to coutner them. generally, if u are ct u camp at spots until the t's come... that's the idea

14) in hostage rescue maps, its vice versa and terrorists get to camp. one more is assasination maps where the VIP will have to make thier way to some safe haven before that team wins. generally its the ct's./

15) there are also maps that have "fy_iceworld or aim" in them. these are generally considered fun maps and don't follow a set of rules. the aim maps are for aiming and the fy stands for free range I guess, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that's all u need to know in the mean time, though I can type some more if ur unclear! let me know! :D

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ppft i played fy_iceworld today... yeah its easy but not too fun

but note that i am a n00b and therefore have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about guns etc

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
ppft i played fy_iceworld today... yeah its easy but not too fun

but note that i am a n00b and therefore have no idea what you are talking about when you talk about guns etc
you got no idea of guns?

when u press the "b" key to guns... usually in the 3-4th round, you should have enough money now...

u press b-4-3... this buys u the "colt" ----> that costs $3100

if ur terrorist

u press b-4-1... this buys u the ak47 ----> that costs $2500

remember the buy ammo... that is primary ammo.

the starting pistol with the terrorist is vey weak, surnamed the "glock"...

if u right click, u get the option of "burst fire" or "single shot"...

burst fire fires in rounds of 3 per shot, though it is very slow... the single shot is a shot for every click u put in through your're mouse. I suggest u go for the single shot, coz the single shot lands u more bullets than the burst fire....

to jump up onto higher block or crates.. u will have to crouch and jump. That's the only way.. and u will find that as u go that ability is very good to use

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just follow your team members, and when they reduce your opponent's health, go in for the kill. :p

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Just follow your team members, and when they reduce your opponent's health, go in for the kill. :p
yeah but that's cheap... down right cheap...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
LOL
my friend's tactic - hide behind a wall while a teammate goes ahead. if they get killed, jump out and kill the opposition

AK Gumbi

Not a M-O-Derator
HSC
And usually, when ur in the n00b stage, jus follow ur teammates around- provide backup fire. This way, u'll be able to explore the map and at the same time get practice at firing at your enemies without too easily being killed because ur teammates will be there. and even when you become 1337, it is advised you stick together as a team or atleast with one person by ur side. going in by urself 'rambo-style' will most often get u killed straight away, even if ur 1337.
hey, and any u guys interested in going to pc? i'll prolly be going next weekend to Epping's The Kings with a few of my friends. there aren't any concrete plans yet...jus thought if any1's interested.

psycho_mushy

HSC
babydoll... what server do u play in? I can come in and play along and u know... guide u if u want and for the cheap kills....

tell us the IP address if u want to...

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Just stay behind me and you'll be fine :)

I'm an AWP slut x100 and damn good with it

OR

You could be like me and spent money on a:

$60 mousepad (which im gonna change into a better one)

$45 optical mouse (hehe, im used to this cheap mouse. still good)

$21 wrist gel (to level up your wrist to the mousepad and provide breast-like comfort :D)

$19 mouse skates (makes your mouse glide perfectly with pinpoint accuracy - not the cheapo mouseskates, real teflon ones)

And yes all this to waste cuz I stopped playing CS, for now that is....I used to play in a lot of tourneys so you see why

Last edited:

is a roflcopter
HSC
wrist gel.......mouse skates .lol wtf very hardcore

heres my tip
shot at anything that moves, see a pixel change? mow it down

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
hey Mushy i ended up going to Chatswood ne way on Friday and ffs i couldnt even find the pc u were talkin about so i went to dream net lol... it was a pos i ended staying for 1hr and then i went back to the city 2 play @ weblounge...
btw is the pc next to 7eleven?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just make sure there's no friendly fire, or else it's just too funny, especially with n00bs. :p

Huss

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Just make sure there's no friendly fire, or else it's just too funny, especially with n00bs. :p
too funny or annoying...esp when ur on a killin spree

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's like 20 vs 19 one moment, and the next 20 vs 8...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
hmmm
so guys, say im talking to someone, and they say 'come in and join our game' etc

what info needs to be shared, and how do you use that info to join
do you give ip or what?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)