Help! Failing chem (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
so chemistry is my worst subject and on top of that ive grown into despising it because i stupidly picked it.As a result the only time i 'study' for it is right before a exam with no regular revision. Im seriously failing it and not like the "70%" and failing but REALLY FAILING. i just sat my trial and i know i totally screwed that up too , the assessments our school sets are so hard like way harder than the actual hsc.Anyways is there any way i will be able to somehow just get like a 70 for it- im not worried about my other units as they're quite good at the moment- but do you guys have any tips plss!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Well if your school standard is so high there's no need to worry. You'll end up doing well in the HSC

Flop21

HSC
Well if you're actually failing, if you continue this way you will fail in the HSC too.

You just need to get stuck into that shit and start studying hard, going over everything you don't understand from top of the syllabus to bottom of the syllabus. You need to plan this so you get through everything and have time to practice a bit before the HSC exams (make a rough plan of what points you want to cover each week until exam time).

And after you revise a topic - do practice questions / past papers for that topic. Continue until you've revised all topics.

You will be fine if you put in the hard work. Don't be upset you chose this (it's hard but it's fine if you keep up, which you didn't and you regret that understandably), just be happy you will know basic chemistry after HS which not a lot of people can say.

Get stuck into it, work hard and efficiently from now until exams - you will be fine.

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you're actually failing, if you continue this way you will fail in the HSC too.

You just need to get stuck into that shit and start studying hard, going over everything you don't understand from top of the syllabus to bottom of the syllabus. You need to plan this so you get through everything and have time to practice a bit before the HSC exams (make a rough plan of what points you want to cover each week until exam time).

And after you revise a topic - do practice questions / past papers for that topic. Continue until you've revised all topics.

You will be fine if you put in the hard work. Don't be upset you chose this (it's hard but it's fine if you keep up, which you didn't and you regret that understandably), just be happy you will know basic chemistry after HS which not a lot of people can say.

Get stuck into it, work hard and efficiently from now until exams - you will be fine.
+1 - great advice

In life there is be easy and hard times, but you just gotta get through them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zeee1999

HSC
so do you think i should just do abit every day i.e. displacement reactions , oxidation states ,cell potential , galvanic cells etc and break it up into more tangible pieces or would that take too long.I finish my trials this week and am planning to have at least a week off where i do nothing because im really tired but due to my failure in chem i feel like theres no hope for it and am very close to giving up :frown2:

Itz_Gabi

HSC
Hey! I know what you mean. Chemistry in itself is a challenging subject and when you continuously don't go well, it's hard to find determination. I was going through the same thing (only, it was Prelim) and I found studying a little bit every now and then actually helped. You don't have to do it every single day, but as long as it's efficient, it'll be fine. I'm finding that exam questions are key so once you do a bit of revision, try and answer them but do it properly (they're soooo picky with wording!).

I hope this helps! If you want to do well, keep trying! You got this :smile:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)