(Help) Global Leadership Entry Program (1 Viewer)

Byrnetech

HSC
Hey! I’m interested in applying for GLEP, but I’d just like to clear some things up before I draft my application.

• How competitive is it?
  • If my subjecs are completely different in Year 11 and 12, can I send Macquarie my Year 12 marks too?
  • What sort of extra-curricular activities did you guys put down when applying?
  • If you’re a successful applicant, could I hear about your process? (e.g. school marks and extra-curricular activities)

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the help!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
https://www.mq.edu.au/study/high-sc...ing/2019-GLEP-Supporting-Information-Form.pdf

https://www.mq.edu.au/study/high-sc...y-program/global-leadership-entry-program-faq

I'd reccomend contacting them with respect to your year 12 marks:
"
Contact us
Future Students is your first point of contact for all enquiries about getting into Macquarie. You can call us or submit an enquiry online.

Ask us a question

Phone
Call us on: +61 2 9850 6767
Fax: +61 2 9850 6597

Email
futurestudents@mq.edu.au
Hours
Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.30pm"

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
* How competitive is it?
Not that many people who are eligible apply so less competitive then it could be?

*If my subjecs are completely different in Year 11 and 12, can I send Macquarie my Year 12 marks too?
Ask Macquarie Uni

*What sort of extra-curricular activities did you guys put down when applying?
People put down sport, volunteering, Duke of ED, School Leadership positions etc.

If you’re a successful applicant, could I hear about your process? (e.g. school marks and extra-curricular activities)
From what I've heard people who have applied and been accepted don't have absolutly amazing grades but it would depend on which course you are applying for.

Invoice

HSC
N/A
From what I've heard people who have applied and been accepted don't have absolutly amazing grades but it would depend on which course you are applying for.
So I got an offer from GLEP yesterday for Medical Science and marks for year 11 was really bad here are my ranks and marks:
Chemistry: Score: 53/100 Rank: 15/21
Engineering Studies: Score: 55/100 Rank: 8/17
English Advanced: Score: 57/100 Rank: 40/61
Legal Studies: Score: 77/100 Rank: 14/39
Maths Advanced: Score: 61/100 Rank: 25/39
Maths Ext 1: Score: 41/100 Rank: 16/25
Physics: Score: 66/100 Rank: 10/22

As you can tell by these results, I was really dumb in year 11

Activites:
A community initiative called JYSEP (This is probs what carried me into uni)
Leadership role; Prefect
Duke of ed Bronze

If anyone is reading this that needs security, trust me when I say this but if your leadership activities are good and your support form is on point. You are highly likely to get into a course. Obviously if you are aiming for law and you did bad in english in year 11 then you wont get in. Your subjects correlate to what course you want to do in uni. If you did alright or like 50's/60's and its not in group A then you will probably get it only if your support form is good with good activities in them that show leadership qualities.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)