HELP! God damn aural!! (1 Viewer)

Apathetic

Hey guys,
as far as I can see, noone has posted anything on preparation for the aural exam (music 1).
All I can think to do is memorise the concepts, but I feel like that's not enough, is there something I'm missing?
Please tell me what you're all doing, so that I can do it too, haha.
Thanks guys!

Lexi

HSC
N/A
I'm freaking out!

I practised the CSSA Trial which my piano teacher set me, but besides that, I'm memorising the concepts of music, and randomly choosing pieces of music and looking for a specific concept, eg. Pitch.

Kelvy

HSC
Hey!

I dun pretend to be the guru of music 1 or anything but all the music 1's and 2's are in the same class in my school (i do music 2 and ext) and whenever we do a combined aural excercise, our teacher always asks the music 1's to do all this compare and contrast work on 2 different peices in terms of all the concepts of music. Stuff about "unity" and "contrast" between the peices i.e. similarities and differences so maybe try like picking 2 random peices and doing that.....i dunno :uhhuh:

Hope that helps man :)

Kel

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i think the best thing to do is keep practicing with past exams and trials
as soon as i go back to school tomorrow, i'm burning all the exams cds and practicing my ass off coz i haven't done any practice at all...

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
i know, i'm so sorry :)
but on the bottom of some threads, it has a BIG REMINDER in bold black writing... it's pretty hard to ignore!

Apathetic

yeah I know... but I can still TRY to avoid that... I guess if I avoid it then it might come running and bite me right on the arse, so maybe I should wake up and smell the study! lol

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
hehe, i should too. i had 4 weeks to study and i haven't done any... starting to get a little worried now :D

Apathetic

I hear you loud and clear... I just cant find a stong enough motivator... and sure, there's heaps to motivate me, it obviously isnt good enough though! :(

Apathetic

oh dont even get me started! *cries*
It's strange, because I did half my hsc last year, and while I obviously didnt want to study, and I created distractions and what-not, I still got it done. But for some reason this year seems different..... ??

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
that would've been so good! i wish i'd completed my music course last year coz it's completely stuffed me up for my other subjects.
damn music, it's way too much fun :)

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
I kno there is only like 3 days left and i am only in yr 10 but i have been doing aural and that stuff for along time and the only thing that you can do is practice!

Try when you study or whatever take breaks every hour or so and practice aural or prac for 1/4 - 1/2 hr. Not only will give you practice, but a break from the real brain strain!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)