HELP! have I screwed up my essay?? (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
same here did like 4 the extended response was so bad for christianity i had to go for buddhism (sexual ethics, vesak + asoka).
I did this. I saw christianity, got scared and wrote my Buddhism essay. Then saw that section II was on significant person and realised I knew nothing about Sayyid Qutb. :/

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
What. The. Fuck. I did like 4.
Also, my teacher said the Christianity extended response was the worst.
That's fine. In Trials and Half Yearlies I wrote 4.5 pages or so and I got 19/20 both times.

My arm felt like it was on steroids today.

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
The reason why I only focused on the denoms in Christianity for marriage and bioethics, and not Paul, is because the question said about differing expressions of Christianity.
It was open to interpretation. I talked about different denominations views on Baptism for example, but I also talked about how Christianity's emphasis on compassion is expressed through Baptism, Ethical teachings (sexual ethics) and through individual actions (I discussed Pope John XXIII who showed compassion for the terminally ill, other religious groups, prisoners and other Christian denominations).

kev-is-red

HSC
N/A
I did this. I saw christianity, got scared and wrote my Buddhism essay. Then saw that section II was on significant person and realised I knew nothing about Sayyid Qutb. :/
I almost spewed when I saw the Islam question. There is only so much you can write about Qutb.

I started talking a little too much about al-Qaeda in part b) and c). I'll be stoked to get 12/15 for that section.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I almost spewed when I saw the Islam question. There is only so much you can write about Qutb.

I started talking a little too much about al-Qaeda in part b) and c). I'll be stoked to get 12/15 for that section.
I wrote pretty much all of a) and b) on al quaeda so I crossed them out and started again. :/

Chrissiee

Frost Yourselves
HSC
ah shit are you serious. Section 2 was my best because we did Pope John 23rd he was really easy to study thank god << haha

Basit-b

HSC
Dont worry, I'll probably get that aswell... I chose islam and merely focused on bioethics and wrote two paragraphs on hajj... though I think i related it to the question okay, but ran out of time :( reckon I'd lose heaps of marks for not even mentioning my significsant person and only just touching on the hajj?

I'm on the same boat. I wrote 5 pages for my essay, i did around 3.5 pages on sexual ethics for Islam and around 1 page on Hajj. I concluded early incase i didnt get all my info down and that took up like half a page. I didn't finish off hajj though...i could've easily written another page. I still reckon i'll get around 17/20.

I reckon i got 7/10 for multi choice, 4 or 5 for the secular, interfaith,ecumenical question. 15/15 for Christianity short answers and 17/20 for essay.

Basit-b

HSC

Our significant person was Aisha. It was pretty easy tbh. Religion overall was easy...My Favourite subject by far.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
It's a pretty wacky subject, as long as you made a good point(s) it's all g.

I did Judaism too,
I used my signif figure and enviro. ethics.

wherein
enviro ethics--> compassion through care and justice through restoration of forest etc.
signif figure--> demonstrated the compassion of Judaism through works and life etc.

Italian4uc

HSC
that's exactly what i did. i just talked about bioethics, it fit perfectly with the question. however i came out of the exam and my teacher was like you could have just talked about paul throughout, i didn't talk about him once. but i'm not worried because as long as you backed it up - they will accept it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
ah shit are you serious. Section 2 was my best because we did Pope John 23rd he was really easy to study thank god << haha
I did Paul, Sayyid Qutb and Asoka.
But I did Buddhism for the extended response. :/
Oh wells. It's not gonna count towards my ATAR anyways.

sophiegregg16

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm doing my trials on Thursday. I am not as prepared as I should be we have done the two units in one year. Mostly focusing on Euthanasia and Organ transplant as the bioethics.
Christianity
Martin Luther
Aisha Bakr
Aboriginal spirituality, and religious expression in Australia 1945-2013
Baptism
Islam
I'm freaking out i'm not a very great writer, I freak out in exams, my results are really terrible! any advice or info I should know about these features that will be involved with this topic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)