HELP! How quickly does Med Sci @ SydU fill up? (Undergrad applications...) (1 Viewer)

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
Today is the 14th of January. UAC preference changes for 2008 closed on the 4th. I am an idiot. I deserve to be SHOT. I forgot to put Med Sci @ Syd Uni down as a preference.

Somebody please tell me there's a chance that I can get in if I put it down for a late round offer!!! My UAI is well beyond the cutoff-- but it doesn't mean anything in light of not having it as a first round preference!

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh god... oh god... oh god... :lol:

ddtng

HSC
Aren't you lucky? There's still vacancies for B Med Sc (First year entry).

The cutoff is 91.00.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
TheMelissa said:
Today is the 14th of January. UAC preference changes for 2008 closed on the 4th. I am an idiot. I deserve to be SHOT. I forgot to put Med Sci @ Syd Uni down as a preference.

Somebody please tell me there's a chance that I can get in if I put it down for a late round offer!!! My UAI is well beyond the cutoff-- but it doesn't mean anything in light of not having it as a first round preference!

ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh god... oh god... oh god... :lol:
It's nothing to shoot yourself over, Melissa. Even apart from Vacancy from main round at USYD, there are other universities with Medical Science degree. You can also enrol in Bachelor of Science if you don't get in the late round and apply for Medical Science (Second-year entry). A couple of my friends have done that.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Are you serious? You're fine, they would accept you with a UAI of 88. Medsci is not what it's cracked up to be, first year is about as interesting as a boiled carrot. Also, unless you plan to get into graduate medicine is near a dead end.

Take it from me and several medical science students who I have heard from, although there are some good comments regarding the course. I actually spoke to a women who made it into medicine from doing medsci. she seemed... to have no character, just a study machine. Well see for yourself, anyhow.

Regards, WBD.

tracyquang

HSC
talking about med sci., is it a good degree thou?
say if someone doesnt get into medicine after completing med sci. degree then... what choices does he/she have?

Steth0scope

HSC
N/A
That question has been answered atleast 48 million 4 hundred and 53 thousand 2 hundred and 72 times, precisely. Perform a search....

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
tracyquang said:
talking about med sci., is it a good degree thou?
say if someone doesnt get into medicine after completing med sci. degree then... what choices does he/she have?
lab assistant . 35k for the rest of your life.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
velox said:
lab assistant . 35k for the rest of your life.
As if! The salary of a reserch assistant goes up every year and a top level RA has a salary of 98k p.a.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)